funny dream about teaching/ a to z

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by waterfall, Jul 3, 2012.

1. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Jul 3, 2012

So I have to tell you all this...last night I had a dream that it was my first day teaching at my new school. Of course, I have forgotten to wear pants and am walking around in a shirt and underwear (I don't have "naked" dreams- instead, I frequently dream that I have forgotten to wear pants. I'm sure there is a psychological reason for this). After finally getting a pair of shorts from another teacher, in my dream I come on here and ask you all if you have ever forgotten to wear pants to work and how I should fix the situation. :lol:

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 3, 2012

Haha...I hope we gave some good advice! It cracks me up that so many of us have dreams in which we go to school without proper clothing!

I have dreamed several times about the A to Z boards and members. Usually it involves me accidently revealing my identity (or my FB friends from here doing so accidently) and then dealing with a complicated mess and getting called out for some of the things I've shared here. I wake up panicked. :haha:

4. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2012

I don't have naked dreams either. Instead, I always have dreams that I really have to go to the bathroom but the only available toilet is in the middle of the living room, classroom, etc.

But I have never gotten on A to Z in a dream. That's funny.

5. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 3, 2012

LOL - I'm thinking we advised you to keep a spare pair of pants in your car or desk for the next time you forget!

6. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Jul 3, 2012

The funny thing is, usually in my "no pants" dreams I eventually rationalize that I must be dreaming b/c the situation is so absurd. This time, my dream continued throughout the whole school day and I came home and was on here making posts about it, so I kept thinking, "This can't be a dream then! It really happened this time!"

7. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 3, 2012

OMG ME TOO!!!! I didn't think anyone else had those, they are awful. LOL

The only naked dream I remember was a few years back. I was at the beach with my family and a big wave came (I'm talking huge) and it washed me up at school. I found a shower, but no clothes. Then the bell rang. :eek:

8. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 3, 2012

I have occasional dreams that I have no pants (no naked dreams either), but that I've been sent back to junior high because I had forgotten to go to science class for that year. ACK! That's usually when I know I'm flipped out about either my lack of preparedness or about people being mean to me in reality, depending on the other "students" in the dream.

Maybe I can talk my dream state into your idea of logging in here. Good one, subconscious waterfall!

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 3, 2012

I have naked school dreams too....I hate them!! I've never logged onto A to Z though in my dreams before.

10. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jul 3, 2012

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has horrible toilet dreams!

I have already had 4 or 5 dreams where we get through the first day of school and I realize I forgot to do ANYTHING. Like, the kids sat at their desks all day and I forgot what my plans were...

11. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 3, 2012

Hahaha, that's funny, Waterfall.

Normally, I dream that I go to work wearing shorts/skirt/capris with hairy legs.

I've dreamed about AtoZ, logging on, and also the hanging out with the members on here. Usually its the members I'm friends with on Facebook so I have a face for them in my dream.