Fundraising Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Sshintaku, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Sshintaku

Sshintaku Comrade

Aug 31, 2010

So I find myself coaching cheer leading this year, and am desperately in need of some good fundraising ideas.

Obviously there are the usual car washes, and I'm looking into the restaurant fundraisers, where the restaurants donate a percentage.

Does anyone know of any other fundraisers that don't take months of planning in advance?

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Aug 31, 2010

Here are a few - but I live in a very small town so these work out well for us but might not be feasible for large towns

*our local gas stations let us pump gas for tips - then they will match our tips up to $100
    *our local restaurants will let sports teams/clubs wait tables for tips. Most of our local restaurants for some reason are closed on Monday nights. The owners will open on Mondays and let our kids work for tips
    *we also hold raffles at almost every event called a 50/50. I am not sure if everyone knows what this is but it is very easy. We sell tickets for $1 or 6 for $5 during the event. At the end of the event, we draw a ticket and that person gets half of the money raised, thus the 50/50 name. It's very easy, one person walks away with cash (we always make sure we announce who won and most importantly how much they won). The biggest winnner received $432 dollars ;) which meant we earned $432 for just selling tickets.

4. Sshintaku

Sshintaku Comrade

Aug 31, 2010

Oh thanks! I'm not sure about the first two, since we're in an urban area, but the third definitely sounds like something we might be able to do.

5. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Aug 31, 2010

Our school does candy grams for Halloween and Valentine's Day; I think there are green carnations for St. Patrick's; and there's something around Christmas. Everything is sold at lunch - the different clubs and such have to sign up for it at the beginning of the year.

6. dovian

dovian Comrade

Sep 1, 2010

Candygrams are great and can be pretty cheap - you just need a ream of colored paper and a design, and the candy you can get in bulk.

Teacher talent show is a big hit in my building and is pretty much free to put on. You only need 8-10 teachers willing to perform (and yes, lip synching counts as performance!)