Fundraising Ideas Needed!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by teacherR, Jan 22, 2010.

1. teacherR

teacherR Companion

Jan 22, 2010

Hi everyone. I am the director of a small church preschool and really need some ideas for fundraising. We have done a few small ones like selling flower baskets or Lifetouch photos but I wondering what other people have done that has brought in decent revenue. Any thoughts?

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jan 22, 2010

We had great luck partnering with a restaurant. The congregation really got behind eating out, with part of the proceeds going to the preschool. The restaurant had to call more help, as they were so busy.

4. shellie1619

shellie1619 Rookie

Jan 22, 2010

I worked at a preschool once and they asked for donations from the parents so the school could hold a 'garage sale' We had more 'stuff' then we knew what to do with!

5. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Jan 22, 2010

we do pizza day every Friday-- we made a good deal with a local pizza place and theygive us a discount on the pizza-- the parents pay $2 for 1 piece or $3 for 2 pieces for thier kid and we include a glass of applejuice which we buy in bulk. It generates a little fundraising money each week which we happen to put into a field trip fund etc. The fundraiser that we raised the most money on for the least amount of effort was actually a walk a thon that we did at a local park. The parents got pledges for thier child-- so much to make a lap around the park--- the infants and toddlers did it at the center around the parking lot (they were pushed in strollers etc) and we actually raised a couple of thousand dollars. We've done candy bars, gourmet popcorn (the amount we raised was good but it was a lot of work as it didn't come pre-sorted), and we do Yankee Candles

6. langspeech

langspeech Rookie

Jan 23, 2010

Have a Scholastic Book Fair this spring at your community Bazaar. Usually table space rents very cheap(10.00) and they usually do the advertising for the Bazaar event + whatever your org. can do to get the word out. Every year at my university our SCEC organization book sale event, we generated big bucks. With sales generated Scholastics let you choose money or points towards books. We chose books for tiltle 1 schools in our area who needed the books. Scholastics will send out information and kits to get you started. It's an idea :)

7. pabef

pabef Comrade

Jan 24, 2010

We hosted an art auction. The kids made the art porjects and the parents bought them. We also had a bbq supper to go with it and parents bought plates. Grandparents really love this too!

8. missnaebay

missnaebay Rookie

Jan 25, 2010

yes i love this idea i want to do this

9. missnaebay

missnaebay Rookie

Jan 25, 2010

we do....
    Bake sale, The pre-k parents (our oldest group)bring in a snack that they buy or bake, then we have all the kids in the school bring in .50 for their afternoon snack. We set it up and the kids come and buy something from our bake sale. Then we set prices and parents buy things after school.

Art auction is a cool one.

Chilli n nachos is a great fundraising idea...

Cookbooks, Have all the kids make a recipe at home and compile the book for the parents...sell at like 8.00

carwash...

trike a thon...

wow so many more ideas....

have parents bring in old items and then have a garage sell

10. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Jan 26, 2010

If you have a Hy-vee near you, they do coupon books where you make a profit of $4.00 for every book you sell for $5.00.