Fundations Organization/Storage!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Miss84, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Jul 21, 2015

How do you all organize ALL of the student workbooks/boards that comes with the Fundations Phonics program?? Last year I struggled with finding a storage option for 26+ students. I ended up giving every table a crate and storing their things there. I am thinking about ordering seat sacks but for 26+ students-that is a lot of money coming out of my pockets. Any ideas or suggestions!? TIA

3. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 21, 2015

We do not have this reading program, but last year I used crates as well and it worked out fine. I plan on doing the same thing this year. I used seat sacks one year, but that wasn't good for my students. They were too messy for me.

4. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 21, 2015

I only taught it one year, but I had a crate per table and the table helper was supposed to keep it orderly and pass things out as needed. Too much stuff!!

5. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 21, 2015

I used Fundations last year. Each student had a cloth sack that closed with Velcro to keep their magnetic board, magic board, and pencil in. I separated the colored magnetic letters and put them into ziplock bags and these, too, went into the cloth sack. When a particular letter was needed it was taken from the ziplock bag and placed onto the magnetic board. These cloth sacks came with the program. They were kept in each student's desk. I also had the chair covers ( my mom made them for me) and their workbooks were kept in there.

6. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Jul 21, 2015

I also had students keep everything in their cloth sacks (which were numbered for each student) but only so many things could go in the sack. I organized extra letter tiles by number and kept them until it was time to introduce them, but I will try putting them in student sacks this year (just afraid of them being lost). Only problem is I do not have desks just tables without storage .