fun things

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by emb382, Jun 16, 2012.

1. emb382

emb382 Rookie

Jun 16, 2012

This will be my last month teaching my preschoolers. What are some really enjoyable, hands on, educational (preferably K prep) activities we could do? I have 17 children from 9 to 1.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 16, 2012

Making shapes with bubbles

Writing a class book

Following a recipe to make a snack

4. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 16, 2012

Here you go...
    -Make drums out of oatmeal, coffee cans...
    -Make autograph books for the kids to sign...It was a hit for my Pre-K class!
    -Make stone soup...
    -Water play...
    -Bring in favorite toys or stuffed animals to share...
    -A class story. We did one on our first day of Summer school. I started it off and then each child added to it. I wrote each child's name and what he/she quoted. :(The smack of it; one of the parents took it and never returned it. They claimed that they left it BUT I could not find it anywhere. It was a pretty cool story about siblings who traveled by plane to visit their grandparents in CA. The stuff that each child added was very interesting. I have to do another one before Summer school is over.
    -Bring in family pictures to share...
    -We had a lot of the children bring in their dogs; not all at the same time; and the children really enjoyed each dog.
    -Bring in favorite snacks to share with friends...Was another hit!
    -Each child did a poster with the info; name, favorite; book, color, food, junk food, letter, number, pet, shape, song, toy, and anything else you'd like to add. The last thing they had to quote was When I grow up, I'd like to be_________________. Some wanted to be teachers like me. (So :cool:!)
    I had the posters on the walls and it was neat how the children would check out the others' posters and you can hear them talk about what they had on them. The parents enjoyed them too.
    -Sunglasses day
    -Ball day
    -Hat day
    -Backwards/Inside Out clothes
    Rebel1

5. emb382

emb382 Rookie

Jun 16, 2012

How would you compare preschoolers to other ages? In my experience, they are the absolute fastest, most observant, and eager learners. I have even taught up to the high school age range! Love them!

6. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 16, 2012

They are the most fun! Well! I can make them or break them, and whatever I tell/teach them is doctrine, and I have been quoted to everyone they talk to about me; so I have to make sure I get my facts right and I tell them when I am kidding around. They see right through you; IF you are sincere, loving, and caring or just there for the BIG:D$$$! They have an extra sense about teachers.
    They are awesome!
    Rebel1