fun things at end of year

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Patch351, May 13, 2008.

1. Patch351

Patch351 Rookie

May 13, 2008

I am looking for ideas. Do you have anything special planned for the end of the year? Not like a graduation, but anything special that you would do during a day with your kids that you normally don't. For example we are planning a popscicle party (basically eating pops outside), a "t-ball game" with another class (now that we practiced all year).....................

3. PreKyay

PreKyay Companion

May 14, 2008

During the last week, I am treating my kids to a full-length movie during "rest" time. My class normally rests for 45 min before pick-up, and does not watch a movie. They are allowed to look at books after our afternoon read-aloud begins rest time. Sometimes I let them quietly work puzzles or lacing cards on their mats. Anyway, my point is that a movie during rest time is a treat for them. Plus, it will give me time to get some things packed away and prepared for our end of year program!:)

4. skerns

skerns Companion

May 15, 2008

End of the Year

Our school does a lot of different activities at the end of the year and each class also does things. Some things we will be doing are.

A Bug Hunt (we make toilet roll binoculars)(use butterfly nets and make s'mores at the end

Pajama or Slumber Party Day (they wear pj's, bring pillows, we pop corn and watch movie on the floor etc.)

The kindergarten have a Parent's Tea Party.

We have Water Play Day the last week. We have sprinklers, a small pool, water guns, beach balls etc. They play in their clothes and change when we are through. We have it after lunch instead of nap time. So from 1 to 3.

We have special color days also. Like blue day wear everyone wears blue and we eat blue food and make blue crafts etc.

These are some of the fun things we try to do.