Fun poll- do you tend to wear the same few set of outfits over and over again?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by thesub, Mar 21, 2013.

1. thesub

thesub Comrade

Mar 21, 2013

I have seen some subs and teachers wear the same (black) outfit so many times and I was curious about all of you here. I also tend to do the same.

thesub

3. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Mar 21, 2013

I mix and match all the time, you almost never see me wearing the same outfit. I do have a few cardigans, about 10, but really favor about 3, so you'll see me wearing those, but with always something different.

4. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Mar 21, 2013

I wear a lot of the same stuff.

We have a student and teacher competing to see who has to re-wear the same thing first. They can repeat pants but nothing else.

5. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Mar 21, 2013

Same clothes, every week. I've put on weight, so I have even fewer clothes that fit me well. I refuse to go buy bigger clothes. The worst part is that since Christmas I've lost weight, but a couple pairs of my pants just don't fit right.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 21, 2013

I rotate....different tops with different pants...it's all about combinations...and I NEVER EVER wear the same shoes twice in a week....accessorize, accessorize to make the same outfit look different the next time...:love:

7. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Mar 21, 2013

I wear dresses most days, and I definitely wear my favorite ones a lot.

8. TeachingHistory

TeachingHistory Companion

Mar 21, 2013

I did when I subbed, because I was in a bunch of different schools. Now that I'm in the same place every day I try to have a little more variety.

9. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Rookie

Mar 21, 2013

I used to wear the same getup when I would get a gig in my first year because I worked so few times and worked a variety of schools. Now that I'm pretty much constant at one school I wear different stuff.

10. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Mar 21, 2013

I fall into a rut. I tend to wear the same 7-10 tops over and over.
    I made a point to not repeat a top this year until I wore them all. I went through everything besides sweaters (too hot!) and it took me until Thanksgiving. We started on August 27.
    Oh, and I, too, have gained weight in the last year. I have at least 20-30 I can't comfortably wear at the moment.

11. HeatherY

HeatherY Habitué

Mar 23, 2013

Yeah, pretty much. I've been branching out this year because I live in a different climate, but even when I was teaching full time, I mostly rotated through the same clothes every two weeks.

12. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2013

I have a few different colors of pants, and then about 10 different shirts, at least that I generally wear. Since I'm a sub, it's a bit easier to play the "same outfit after being washed from 3 days ago" sometimes...plus I have a couple combinations I always feel most comfortable with, and tend to wear those first in new environments to make myself as comfortable as possible (plenty of self-concept/confidence issues)

13. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Mar 23, 2013

I buy clothes all the time. I always have, yet I tend to wear the same outfits over and over. I did this even when I was young. I sew, and I tend to use the same pattern over and over using different colors of material.

14. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Mar 23, 2013

Guilty! I was just telling my co-teacher that I really need to go shopping.

15. sunshine*inc

sunshine*inc Cohort

Mar 24, 2013

I definitely need to buy more clothes!

16. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2013

I wear the same items all the time. I buy a couple new shirts every year, but I'd rather spend my clothes money on fun things than work clothes.

17. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Apr 14, 2013

When I started subbing, I was working a part time job and was only available on Fridays. I worked pretty much every Friday at the middle school. Of course, half the time you show up at the school and it's a "casual Friday" and everyone is in jeans and sneakers and sweatshirts. So I found an outfit I liked and wore it every Friday. It was a denim skirt (not with stitching, very dressy looking, hard to tell it was denim I thought) with a different shirt each week. I never had an interview for a full time job there, but eventually found one in a neighboring district. I found out years later that the principal HATED denim of any kind (he wore a full suit every day) and I have to wonder if my "perfect compromise outfit" jinxed me.

18. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Apr 14, 2013

I also buy for my mom and she only leaves the house a few times a year. She loves getting presents. Clothes and jewlery. I ordered her a necklace and bracelet off of HSN. She probably won't wear them as they are really heavy pieces. But, she fell in love with them. She has tons of clothes, but like me only wears a few pieces.

This summer, I'm going to try and wear a lot of different outfits. I need to go shopping soon:)

19. Bookworm16

Bookworm16 Rookie

Apr 14, 2013

Yes! I'm a big fan of wearing dresses. I feel it makes me look more professional. Right now I have about 4 or 5 dresses that I rotate with the occasional pair of dress pants and cardigan. The kids have noticed. In fact, one class actually pointed out to me that I happened to wear the same purple dress every time I taught in their class. They now refer to it as my "lucky purple dress" haha.

20. wannabe_teacher

wannabe_teacher Rookie

Apr 14, 2013

Too funny! Yes I definitely have my substitute-teacher-uniform!

I rotate between black slacks and gray slacks (I have several pairs of each) and switch off a between few different tops and about 4 sweaters/jackets to wear over the tops. If I'm at a different school every day I will probably wear a version of the exact same outfit every day.

If I wear black slacks I will wear blue or gray top with a jacket/sweater. If I wear gray slacks I wear black top with jacket or sweater.

I do change my accessories tho! I like to wear pretty necklaces with matching earings or scarfs to dress up and change the look of the outfit but the basic black slacks/gray or blue top/black jacket/sweater is my professional "look."

21. Cerek

Cerek Aficionado

Apr 15, 2013

I have 4 pair of pants and about 5-6 shirts that I wear most of the time. I have different ties, but tend to wear the same ones with the same shirts each time. So it doesn't take too long for me to start "repeating" outfits. It isn't as noticeable when I sub, since I'm usually at different schools, but like a previous poster mentioned, I'll often end up wearing the same outfit to the same school at different times.

When I have a regular class, it does become more noticeable. I may try to buy a couple of extra shirts, but there are only a few colors I feel really look good on me, so I don't see much sense in buying 2 or 3 shirts that are the same basic color.

22. sbe0984

sbe0984 Rookie

Apr 15, 2013

I wear black pants almost everyday...unless its jean friday. And I mix and match my sweaters/cardigans and tank tops under them. So its always a different combination.

23. CrayolaCrayon

CrayolaCrayon Companion

Apr 20, 2013

When I went to different schools, I didn't care because as long as it was clean, nobody had seen me in it. I rotated between black or gray pants and "dressy" tanks/tees with cardigans.

Ever since I had a longer term subbing position, I have tried to mix it up and expanded what I'll wear to work. I was even brave enough to wear a comfortable heel a few times! My work appropriate wardrobe has gotten bigger and I feel that I have a better idea of how to make a funky accessory still look professional.

24. LifetimeLearner

LifetimeLearner Rookie

May 2, 2013

Exactly this, with the exception of my shoes. I have really comfortable black ballet flats that go with everything, so I ALWAYS wear those. :)

25. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

May 2, 2013

I wore a dress today (with a cardigan). Here where I live, it's already constantly in the high 80s / low 90s, and before school ends it will climb to the 100s. It is skirts / tanktops + cardigan, or dresses + cardigans from now on. I don't have a lot of dresses though, I have to go shopping.