Fun history activites

Discussion in 'Secondary Education Archives' started by AMAHOGANY, Aug 15, 2006.

1. AMAHOGANY

AMAHOGANY Rookie

Aug 15, 2006

Does anyone have any fun projects what related to American History or World

3. irishteach

irishteach Rookie

Aug 15, 2006

i have lots...what age group...kids can make trading cards for particular people in history ( i love that one-they look like baseball cards). umm they can pretend to be a person from a particular era and make a scrapbook-getting pictures from online. i have them get a song, news article, some letters (which they write home & have home write back)....i can send you stuff if you want it might be easier. Mine is for Juniors in h.s.

i have lots of stuff

4. blt

blt Rookie

Aug 15, 2006

I would love some material irishteach. I'm always looking for some great activities.
    bt

5. AMAHOGANY

AMAHOGANY Rookie

Aug 15, 2006

Irishteach I would love for you to send me anything you have. I sent you a private message with my email address. Thanks in advance

6. irishteach

irishteach Rookie

Aug 15, 2006

got it and am working on it...just send me your email blt and i will get stuff to you. I'm only a second year teacher, but I co-teach US History and alot of it can be changed for World.

7. EnglishMiss

EnglishMiss Rookie

Aug 16, 2006

I remember this incredible assignment that my best high school history teacher had us do... he called it Press Conferences. From a large list provided at the beginning of the year, each student had to choose a person significant to whatever time period you're studying (if it's a very broad history class you could choose some from each era and make sure at least one student does someone in each era). The student does all kinds of research on their person, then on a designated day, that student "becomes" that person in front of the class. The rest of the class becomes "reporters" asking the person questions about his/her life (so the rest of the class also has to do a little research on this character), and the "it" student has to respond in the first person. It might be a lot of work for the teacher because you'd have to check and record how many questions the "it" student got right or wrong, but I remember it as being a really fun and interactive activity that really made us students see the "living" side of history. Hopefully this description makes some sense. :)

8. mrsk

mrsk Rookie

Aug 18, 2006

I love that!!! I'm going to try to figure out how to do that this year.