fun first day/week projects beside Kissing Hand

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by rosew, Aug 16, 2011.

1. rosew

rosew Companion

Aug 16, 2011

Hi..I usually do a great Kissing Hand project first day but since I am going to have a bunch of the same kids from last year I need some fun new ideas?. Does anyone do any great fun art projects beside Kissing Hand.

thanks..Its going to be great having some of the same kids but Im going to have to come up will all new projects

3. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

Aug 16, 2011

What about Owen by Kevin Henke? It's about a little boy who doesn't want to give up his blanket before going to school. You can usually find flannel on sale cut it into small squares to go with the story.

4. abcme

abcme Rookie

Aug 17, 2011

The books I'm using are "If You Take a Mouse to School", How Do Dinosaurs Go to School", Hooray for Pre-K, The Night Before Preschool and We Love Our School.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 17, 2011

Not really an art project, but super cool... I'm doing it with mykids at meet-and-greet (so they have something to do with their parents) and then will do it with new kids as they come...

I do white diecuts of the letters in every child's name. They help to sequence them and glue them on a brightly colored strip of paper. They can decorate the letters if they want, altogether it looks stellar in plain white... their names will go up around the room. One year, I did them on the tack strips above the meeting area, but I think I may put them above cubbies this year.

This goes well with Chrysanthemum, although that book is often too long for the beginning of the year, depending on the group. I use it as a way to help the kids have ownership in the room :)