Fun classroom themes (decor)

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by Luv2Teaching, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Luv2Teaching

Luv2Teaching Rookie

Apr 14, 2011

Hi I have been putting together a classroom theme list. What are all your first grade classroom themes? Thanks!!:rolleyes:

3. Nijntje

Nijntje Rookie

Apr 24, 2011

I love Frogs in Grade 1. There are tonnes of frog theme pictures in the dollar stores. I also have a lot of fun with 'hop to it..' bulletin boards and posters. My bulletin boards are all green with black trim. The colours fit the theme nicely.

4. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Apr 25, 2011

I did Hollywood one year, the beach (our library center was a little plastic swimming pool). This year we did New York City. I'm thinking about maybe China next year "Great Wall of Writing", etc.

5. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Apr 26, 2011

We have a school theme. It has to do with our AR stuff. When I got here it was Catch the reading the bug! Which was great because I all ready had bug stuff. My husband has his own pest control business so I went with bugs at a previous school so I didn't have to buy a thing when I came to my new school. Now for next year the school is changing the AR theme. We are going with space stuff. I am kind of caught in the middle. I hate being told how to decorate my room so the rebel in me wants to either leave my bug stuff up, or change completely to something else. Although I really do like the space theme idea. So I am still deciding what do to.

6. 1gdteach

1gdteach Companion

Jun 30, 2011

Frog classroom pics

Do you happen to have any pictures of your classroom? I do frogs every year, but I want to change my frog theme a little bit and I am looking for a new approach.

7. applecore

applecore Devotee

Jun 30, 2011

I don't have pictures (hindsight of taking them always comes after the fact...) but I've had frogs for 2 years in a row and decided to opt for a "beach" theme this year instead (frogs became SUPER popular amongst the grades last year). My friend is doing frogs instead this year and I'm donating my last 2 year's worth of frog stuff to her to do her bulletin board.

She's going to use all the extra frog cutouts and things to go with her character theme of accepting and celebrating differences with being the same.

She'll do a better job than what I can explain, but I thought I'd share.

8. iloveschool

iloveschool Companion

Jun 30, 2011

I have a jungle theme. The kids seem to really enjoy it!

9. FootballGal

FootballGal Companion

Jun 30, 2011

I had frogs my first year, then space the next and camping the last 2 years. My favorite is camping and I don't see me changing it for a while!

10. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 1, 2011

Don't have much of a theme, really... but I do have lots of NEW ORLEANS SAINTS stuff (banner, etc.), and the kids really love that. Of course, we are in Louisiana, lol.

11. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 1, 2011

I have had DOTS before, bears, nautical, kids, and a Cowboy/Cowgirl theme. This coming year I am doing a race car theme.

12. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 3, 2011

[​IMG]I have about 30 classroom themes listed with pictures and ideas...Hope it helps:

www.CFClassroom.com

13. Hopeful-Teacher

Hopeful-Teacher Rookie

Jul 3, 2011

New York City Theme

Hi KinderCowGirl,
    I would love to hear about your New York City theme!!! What did you use for decorations and where did you get them?
    Thanks!
    Hopeful-Teacher

14. LUCHopefulTeach

LUCHopefulTeach Habitué

Jul 3, 2011

At The Dollar Tree yesterday there was tons of Island/Aloha decorations that would make for the cutest classroom theme.

15. learningstill

learningstill Rookie

Jul 7, 2011

I use a dog theme which goes over well with the kids! I don't use just one dog but all kinds of dogs and dog phrases.

16. jeeskenj

jeeskenj Rookie

Jul 11, 2011

I use SHOES! I love shoes! I have a shoe addiction and my studnets tend to notice that I rarely wear the same pair in one week. I teach in a Christian school so my theme was titled, "Walk With Jesus". I found flip flop shaped pad of paper and laminated the sheets and for my library I used the saying "Flip Flop into a good book". I have cut outs of gym shoes, work boots, sandals, etc. (all found online or at teacher stores) all around the top edge of my classroom. I found feet puffy stickers at the $1 store and used them to count to the 100th day. I have shoe border around my bulletin boards and windows. This year I may include bare (baby) feet as these seem to be readily available. Have fun!

17. Pumpkin83

Pumpkin83 Rookie

Jul 22, 2011

I would LOVE to see pictures of this! I am thinking of doing a dog theme but need some inspiration first.

18. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2011

What kind of things did you use for your space theme? I decided to go with the space theme that the rest of the school is using.

19. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 22, 2011

My themes are what I use in kindergarten but they can be used in first grade too.
    yr 1: I did a fish theme
    yr 2: Kites and balloons
    yr 3: trains
    yr 4: bees
    yr 5: I was going to do Owls, but because I switched schools I'm doing the train theme again.

20. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jul 22, 2011

bears, Noah's ark with all kinds of animals, fish/sea life, frogs

I like them all. Haven't made up my mind for this year yet, need to tho!

21. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Jul 22, 2011

I love the shoes!

22. america82099

america82099 Rookie

Jul 22, 2011

We have school-wide themes. Last year was "Garden of Learning" So garden/bug theme. This year is "Wild About Learning" so I'm doing a wild animal theme. I'm really excited about this theme.