Fun activities/ Hands on activities for content lessons

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by Carebear05, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Carebear05

Carebear05 Comrade

Aug 28, 2008

Ok so I have decided that I really want to spice things up this year. Last year with my Science and SS units, I used a lot of worksheets. Now we didnt do worksheets everyday and of course with Science I always tried to do experiments or some fun activities because I like Science a lot, but I used worksheets more often than I wanted to. It was my first year and I was just trying to teach what I needed to teach and survive! This year Im not going to totally push aside the worksheets, but I really want to do some fun crafty and hands on things with my units because it's 1st grade and I want to have fun! ;) I also want to incorporate more technology into the classroom with the SmartBoard, but thats another story. Anyway, I was just wondering if you guys had any fun activities that you have done or heard about that you would fill me in on. There are just some topics that I have to cover

Science: Seasons, Matter, Force/Motion, Plants, Day vs. Night, Natural Resources/Recycling, etc.

SS- Citizenship, Famous Americans (Lincoln, Washington, Ben Franklin, Eleanor Roosevelt, George Washington Carver), Goods vs. Services, Climate, Past vs Present, Columbus

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 28, 2008