full-blown heebie jeebies

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by teacherSMK, Jul 25, 2011.

1. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jul 25, 2011

:eek::eek::eek: So, I am sutting here, reclined, and enjoying some middle of the night a-z reading, when all of a sudden, the largest spider I have ever seen in my 11 years in this state crawled up on me to say hello.

I hate spiders.

One of my favorite quotes in the HP movies is when Ron says" Why does it have to be spiders? Why can't it be follow the butterflies?:lol:

Anyways, I promptly grabbed the first thing I could (which happened to be a dog toy) and I smacked the thing numerous times and sent him to spider heaven. My husband is pretty sure it was a daddy long legs. I do not mind them outside, as I know the good they do in keeping other bug and spider counts down, but I do not want them in my house, and I definitely do not want them on me. My Dh spread his legs out on a paper towel and he had the leg span of at least my 7 year old DD's hand.

I am so glad I did not throw my laptop across the room.

I will now commence with the reading of topics on a to z, and hopefully there will be no more creepy crawlies tonight. :unsure:

3. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jul 25, 2011

That should say "sItting" not "sUtting"

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 25, 2011

I HATE, HATE, HATE spiders too! Now, you've got me looking all around where I am. I better go check my bedroom too, like I often do!

5. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jul 25, 2011

The worst part is now I cannot wind down. I feel like they are sitting in wait to crawl on me when I try to go to sleep. I feel like I have ingested two pots of coffee. UGH!

6. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2011

I hate spiders, too, but I won't kill them. I terrifying defy death (exaggerating on purpose) to take them outside.

I just tried to add a photo of a large spider I found on a roll of toilet paper, but I can't figure out how to add photos. I know you will be disappointed. I also found a black widow spider under my garbage can. That I did kill.

7. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 25, 2011

I had a "pet" spider outside my classroom window last fall. The kids were fascinated with her. Moms, not so much. She disappeared 1 day never to return.

8. math1abee

math1abee Companion

Jul 25, 2011

Kind of like Charlotte's babies from "Charlotte's Web." :)

I don't like spiders. We have pest control come spray our house often. We live on a river so we have lots of creepy-crawlies. Yuck!

9. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 25, 2011

I hate scorpions even more than I hate spiders. I've killed at least ten this year. I live out in the country during s drought so there's no way to not ever see them, but I'd love to never see one again.

There was a huge spider that had a web outside my door and I called her Charlotte and missed her when she either died or moved on. But that was outside...where bugs and spiders and snakes and all sorts of other critters belong!

10. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

11. silver rain

silver rain Comrade

Jul 26, 2011

12. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jul 26, 2011

Thanks, Dave! Loved it! :)

13. missjessica

missjessica Rookie

Jul 27, 2011

I'm in my new apartment for the first night alone. I just walked into my room and found a giant black widow spider. Ahhhhh. I vacuumed him up but now I am CREEPED out!