FTCE SAE K-6 computer based test

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by AP29, May 31, 2006.

1. AP29

AP29 Rookie

May 31, 2006

I am a non education major with a BA in Psychology. I recently took the FTCE SAE K-6 on the computer (5-20-06) and passed :). For those of you that took the exam on the computer, how long did it take to get your "official" results in the mail?

3. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

May 31, 2006

Hi AP29! I'd say it took about a month, maybe a little less before I got my results. Good luck! I'm also a psych. major, just graduated in the fall.

4. AP29

AP29 Rookie

May 31, 2006

Thanks for the info frodolass! Unfortunately, the county will not allow me to apply for any jobs until my official results are in even though I received confirmation that I passed. Did you get a job yet?

5. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

May 31, 2006

Nope. I was hoping my home district would hire me, but they haven't even called me for an interview. I really don't want to go out of the county :-(

6. mooge123

mooge123 New Member

Jun 14, 2006

Congratulations! I'm a non-ed major too, formerly with a BFA in Graphic Design, so I understand the struggle everyone's having to change gears....

If you don't mind my asking, what books/study guides did you follow? :)

I'm looking for the UCF SAE K-6 study guide if anyone has it available still. It was removed from their site.

7. AP29

AP29 Rookie

Jun 14, 2006

Unfortunately, I no longer have the study guide. Try to get it if you can, it helped out quite a bit. It just saved me a lot of time since I did not have to look everything up. I finally was able to get my county application approved. Now on to try to get a job...

8. mooge123

mooge123 New Member

Jun 14, 2006

Thanks for replying and good luck with that!

Does anyone out there have the UCF study guide still? PLEASE? :eek:

9. thechangingtabl

thechangingtabl Companion

Jun 14, 2006

i took the K-6 on the computer 5-31-06 and passed as well. I received my score report today 6-14-06, so about 2 weeks turnaround

10. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 14, 2006

Congratulations, thechangingtabl. I trust you're going to celebrate if you haven't already.

11. naplestchr

naplestchr New Member

Jun 29, 2006

2nding (3rding?) the request for the UCF K-6 SAE guide... or any other online study guides someone can point me to??

Thanks!

12. Nilda23

Nilda23 New Member

Jul 1, 2006

Hi you recieve the results back in two and a half weeks. Also I took the K-6 Test on the computer I missed the by 7 pts. What study material did you use to pass.

Thanks,
    Nilda23

13. Pannsx4

Pannsx4 Rookie

Jul 6, 2006

FTCE K-6 Computer Test

How did you think the test was? What did you study with? Can you give me any advise or thoughts?

14. thechangingtabl

thechangingtabl Companion

Jul 6, 2006

Study the language arts competencies the most. The LA was the toughest part of the test. I used the competencies that were on the UCF website, but they are gone now.

15. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 7, 2006

Welllll... your mileage may vary, Pannsx4, depending on your own strengths and background. There should still be competencies on the official FTCE Web site; use those, and if you've got questions, post 'em here.

16. forbiddenpluto

forbiddenpluto Companion

Jul 7, 2006

I just took the test today... and PASSED!!!

I've never had a day of Ed training in my life and I just bought the xam book and read it all the way through once and then took the practice test in the back of the book.

Only advice I have is to study the methods of teaching language arts. That was a huge part. :)

17. gzoo

gzoo New Member

Feb 28, 2008

xam book?

Which xam book are you speaking of? oh and Congrats!

18. nickimik

nickimik New Member

Mar 12, 2008

Are you looking for the one that has all the information from the state study guide already looked up? I have it as an attachment in my email. If you would like to email me I will foward the information to you. nickimik@yahoo.com.

19. vivi513

vivi513 Rookie

Apr 6, 2008

FTEC k-6

What did you use to study for the FTCE k-6?

20. ballymae

ballymae Rookie

Apr 12, 2008

ftce 1-6

Hi I am taking the computer based test in a week or so and I am having trouble finding out some stuff, lots of misleading info on the colege pages etc. This site very helpful.
    1. How many questions are on the test?
    2. How long do you have ( I read somewhere that you start in the morning, take 3 sections and then break for lunch and do the rest after lunch?)

any help appreciated :)

21. ballymae

ballymae Rookie

Apr 12, 2008

I so far have used the $5. download study guide, and what every 1,2,3,4,5,6th grader needs to know. I have also used this website: type it in, I can't post links yet. so add the http to the front of it sorry
    ://fdlrshrd.nefec.org/elemK6/main.aspx

you have to register but it is great covers all subjects.

good luck , when are you taking the test?

22. joshexa

joshexa New Member

Apr 13, 2008

I used the same website to study from. I took the computer test on Wed and passed. Not too difficult. You are allowed 4 hours 20 minutes with a lunch break in between. I believe LA, SS, and Science first then Math, PE, Music, Art, and Tech. You don't have to take a lunch break. I chose not to and finished the test in 2 1/2 hours. I will say that I felt that the science and SS sections were the most difficult for me. I can't remember the exact amount of questions. Somewhere around 85 for each section. Science and SS were in the same section. PE, Music, Art, and Technology were in the same section. I hope this helps.

23. vivi513

vivi513 Rookie

Apr 13, 2008

k6

I believe is 5 1/2 hrs. I have no idea as to how many questions are on the test.

24. vivi513

vivi513 Rookie

Apr 13, 2008

k-6

Hi, I am planning to take in a few months. I will look up the site you reffered me to. Thanks a bunch!!!

25. NEFlorida

NEFlorida New Member

May 18, 2008

K-6

Hi Joshexa,

I am taking this exam in 2 days and have been studying the $5 study guide and the /fdlrshrd.nefec.org/elemK6/ website.

Is there any area I should really focus on when studying from the website? There's so much info (Especially with the Language Arts section) that I want to make sure I am focusing in on the correct areas.

Do you recommend using the website to define the competencies listed in the $5 guide for language arts? That's my biggest problem area.:help:

Thanks

26. ballymae

ballymae Rookie

May 19, 2008

HI, noticed this thread and wanted to share that I passed the test in mid-April. I used the study guide and the website. Also used the "what your 3,4,5,6th grader needs to know. If you are weak in music and art study those sections too. I was scared, the test was hard, but TAKE YOUR TIME. that is the key. I reviewed all my questions 3 or more times. I felt more confident in my answers everytime I read them. The website was a huge help to me. Go to all the links and read it all, then do the study tests over and over again. You can do it, take your time Good Luck

27. NEFlorida

NEFlorida New Member

May 19, 2008

K-6

:rolleyes:Hi Ballymae

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will definitely take your advice!

28. NEFlorida

NEFlorida New Member

May 20, 2008

K-6 Study Help to SAVE U TIME

:lol:I just took the computer exam and passed.

I just wrote the longest note, and this website deleted it...:(

Anyway, Here is what I did to study...

Buy the $5.62 study guide & the $30 XAM Study Guide as reference tool. Take both sample exams and study the answers you got incorrect. Take the sample exams again and study the concepts of the problems you got wrong TO UNDERSTAND them - not to memorize. DO NOT GO OVER questions you already got correct - you are wasting your time bc you obviously already understand the concept.

:crosseyed Note: the XAM Study Guide does have typos, but just concentrate on the wonderful section at the end of the book that explains how they came to every answer choice and why the other ones were wrong...you will find that in reading these, you automatically learn about 4 more concepts.

:| Btw, I personally did not find this website [/fdlrshrd.nefec.org/elemK6/login.aspx] very helpful that everyone talks about..very wordy and difficult to find the concept definitions. I did not use it at all after I took 3 hours defining competencies 1.1-1.4.

Hope this helps all of you:wub:

29. PASSEDINORLANDO

PASSEDINORLANDO Rookie

Jun 18, 2008

You should really be studying instructional methods, and approaches to teaching. Honestly, there is no way to study for this test. Believe me, I took it 5 or 6 times. I finally just passed!
    The book you get from Amazon, the questions are nothing like the test. The book is just good for knowledge, but dont study the questions.

30. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 19, 2008

Expecting the test to be just like the ones in the book is generally not a good idea. But let me suggest something slightly different: Look at the questions and think about other ways they could be asked.

31. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 19, 2008

Oh, and congratulations, PASSEDEINORLANDO.

32. PASSEDINORLANDO

PASSEDINORLANDO Rookie

Jun 19, 2008

Thank You!:D