FTCE Professional Education

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by futureteacher13, Oct 13, 2013.

1. futureteacher13

futureteacher13 Rookie

Oct 13, 2013

Hi! I'm wanting to know how to prepare for the FTCE Professional Education exam. This will be my first time attempting this exam. I have been a Paraprofessional for the past 4 years. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!! :)

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 13, 2013

If memory serves, this is a test primarily of teaching practice. Let's move it to the Other Tests subforum, which includes tests of that sort: you might find a discussion of this test, or you might find discussion of other states' similar tests that can prove helpful.

4. jah74

jah74 Rookie

Jan 5, 2014

Hey futureTeacher13,

I am taking the test March 22, 2014. I have done some research on the test and from what I gathered so far, the test is mostly about teaching practices and pedagogy. Someone that took the test already told me that the test is fairly common sense stuff as far as teaching.

I have the REA study guide but I wish there was more out there. I found practice questions and answers and some definitions for some of the terms.

If you have already taken the exam or have any information, please let me know!!! Thanks in advance!:)

5. history

history Companion

Jan 18, 2014

You may want to contact your school in which you received your education degree or the program you took to get certified.