FTCE GK Test

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by ktrunner, Nov 7, 2014.

1. ktrunner

ktrunner New Member

Nov 7, 2014

I am currently studying to take the FTCE GK test and I know the format has changed. Does anyone have any updated information on good study guides?

3. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Nov 8, 2014

The GK tests very basic knowledge. I have no idea how one would study for it because it tests material at the 8th grade level. Maybe review some math formulas, and then relax. I think many people who don't pass auto stressed about it when they take it. Just relax and take it. If you graduated high school it should be no problem to pass it.

4. history

history Companion

Nov 8, 2014

The only part that has changed is the Language Arts section. It was an 8th grade level and now it is an freshmen college level.
    The test does require studying ( unless you are good at exams, taken the type of math tested in high school or young) ,but I have heard people with MA have had a hard time passing the reading because of the time limit and number of questions.
    I noticed the FTCE is asking people to take a pilot test for the reading section. I don't know if the state is looking to change it again or they have received complaints.
    I believe no matter what your background is it does not hurt to take a prep course to refresh yourself, not everyone is fresh out of college.