Ftce/Fele general knowlege math

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by krose1011, Jul 6, 2016.

1. krose1011

krose1011 Rookie

Jul 6, 2016

Hey guys, I'm new here. I am a high school English teacher working on a temporary certification. I've taken the general knowledge exam and passed all sections except for the math. I've taken the math section separately on three different occasions. I was wondering what resources others have used to prepare for the exam. I received a 188 on the last attempt, and I am waiting on my previous score report for the next score. I also was wondering if there were any math teachers in the Hollywood or Pembroke Pines area who are able to tutor and who would like to make some extra money during this summer.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 6, 2016

Some people do well with the little sequenced math videos on Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org). Math is Fun (www.mathsisfun.com) doesn't have videos but the explanations are clear and helpful and the practice questions are right there and on point.

4. history

history Companion

Jul 7, 2016

Krose1011
    I live in Delray Beach. I have a question about the ela portion of the exam but I am unable to pm you because you are new. I also know of someone in your area for the math.

5. innovationguy

innovationguy Cohort

Jul 13, 2016

Just looked over the Math sample Qs. Seems like the Math-level is Middle school math topics relating to Solving equations and inequalities, percentages (markup, discount), ratios and proportions and basic geometry and statistics. Id suggest getting 5th-7th grade Math textbooks (used) and practicing. Alternately / additionally, examine every domain and then google THAT + problems e.g. Ratio and Proportion PROBLEMS, area / volume of goemetric figures PROBLEMS etc.

Jay.

6. Dec 5, 2016

hi guys,
    I am new to this site. I recently received certification to teach Middle school social science. I am also need to pass the FELE. I took the test once and failed all sections. Is there someone who can assist me?