FTCE Exceptional Student Education K-12 prep. guide

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by frodolass, Sep 22, 2007.

1. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Sep 22, 2007

Does anyone have a link for an online version of the FTCE Exceptional Student Education K-12 preparation guide? I know they can be purchased, but they are sometimes posted online. Thanks!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 22, 2007

I think you might get more responses here in "Other Tests" than in "Single Subject Tests", which is more about math OR science OR history OR...

4. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Sep 22, 2007

Thanks so much, I wasn't sure which forum was appropriate.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 22, 2007

No worries, frodolass.

You may find some useful resources in the threads for Praxis exams for special education.

How's everything (else) going?

6. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Sep 22, 2007

I'll check it out, thanks!

I've started work on my MS in Special Education at FSU, and I love it! I'm working 3 hours in the afternoons in a publicly funded private school (is that an oxymoron? LOL). I'm working with a group of 3 kids with MR and it is amazing.

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 22, 2007

Sounds promising and exciting!

8. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Sep 27, 2007

My copy of the Preparation Guide came (Yay!), so just disregard this request. Thanks!

9. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 28, 2007

If it leaves you with questions, don't hesitate to post 'em, frodolass.

And best of luck.

10. SunshinyDay

SunshinyDay New Member

Nov 16, 2007

Frodolass-
    I am not sure if you have been given this link but it helped me pass my ESE K-12 SAE the first time with only 3 days to study! Look up "pda-ese.org/pilot/foundations_course". I used it in conjunction with the FLDOE study guide you can get online and felt very prepared. Good Luck:)

11. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Jan 17, 2008

Oooh, thanks! This looks great!

12. ecteacher

ecteacher Rookie

Jan 23, 2008

Good luck on the exam...I took it in October, lots of questions about specific strategies concerning students' behavior issues and students with specific disabilities (autism, ADHD, etc.). I'm sure you will do well :)

13. cupofsalvation

cupofsalvation Rookie

Jan 30, 2008

thank. I followed yr advice. I passed today.

14. cupofsalvation

cupofsalvation Rookie

Jan 30, 2008

I passed the FTCE ESE today. Thanks to:

15. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 30, 2008

Congratulations, cupofsalvation!

16. cupofsalvation

cupofsalvation Rookie

Jan 30, 2008

Thanks. SunshinyDay. I followed what you said. And also 3 days to study on the pda-ese.org/pilot/foundatons_course. I took the computer-based exam today. I passed. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. To God be the glory!

17. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 30, 2008

Though it's also true, cupofsalvation, that when it comes to tests, the Lord helps those who help themselves.

18. cupofsalvation

cupofsalvation Rookie

Jan 30, 2008

: ] surely! Great forum! I am so glad for all the info. I feel I am not alone and helpless on my path to be certified. I feel that I found a friend, a sister, a grandmother, or... I get good help. Wow! The world is a beautiful place with y'all around. ;]
    Keep up the good work!

19. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 30, 2008

You're welcome. Pay it forward!

Oh, and welcome to A to Z.

20. epi84PR

epi84PR Rookie

Apr 16, 2008

PASSED SCORE!!

^^^I used this, study guide from teachingsolutions.org, the Exam study guide by sharonn Wynne, Study guide from the Fldoe, and 1hr with a private tutor to discuss the test the day before the test with: .advanceinstitute.com I passed t...ying to give me a ticket. BUT I PASSED :haha:

21. lovelylbb99

lovelylbb99 Rookie

Dec 12, 2008

I'm taking the test tomorrow.

I looked over the foundation of ESE course for weeks and then I took a practice test and got about 60 % correct. You think I will be able to pass the test tomorrow.

Next week I'm taking the Math 6-12. Any suggestions?

22. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Dec 12, 2008

For the math, look for the threads on various states' math tests in the Single Subject Tests subforum (you can get there by using the Forum Jump tool at the bottom of the page).

60% correct on the online practice test for ESE is a little nervous-making. For at least the questions you missed, you might want to look up the terms in them online: try Answers.com (http://www.answers.com), which gives answers and not just Web sites.

When a question involves things you don't know, it's easy to decide that you're just stumped and that's all there is to it. But try thinking in terms of things you DO know. The better teacher tests have questions that expect the test taker to reason things out... that means that, if you don't know the answer right off, it's not because you're doing something wrong.

Be resilient, and don't be shy about sneaking your way to the answer via some other knowledge that might seem unrelated to someone else.

23. epi84PR

epi84PR Rookie

Dec 12, 2008

HEY believe me you will pass it!!use your logic and you will be successful...
    are u going to take the FTCE General knowledge? I really do need practice for this test!
    email me if u know elizabethapi@leeschools.net

24. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Dec 13, 2008

If you're concerned about the GK, epi84PR, come check out the Basic Skills Tests subforum (you can get there using the Forum Jump tool at the bottom of this page).

25. lovelylbb99

lovelylbb99 Rookie

Dec 14, 2008

I took the ESE K-12 test on the computer, but I didn't pass. Oh well I will see what my score is in January. Any suggestions of what I can do to pass it next time I take it? I want through all the Units in foundation of ESE but it didn't help me.

26. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Dec 14, 2008

As you substitute, look for ways to apply the information in the units - try, when you go home, writing up what you've encountered in the classroom using the vocabulary that ESE uses. That's a way of making the concepts part of your everyday life.

27. hamiltonmath

hamiltonmath New Member

Jul 29, 2009

I can't find the link to the FLDOE ESE study guide, can someone help? I've been all over that site.

28. adria

adria Comrade

Aug 1, 2009

What's your email address? I can email it to you...I purchased it a few months ago. Be advised you need to find another source of study material. I used the xam book..it helped me out a great deal.

29. timsterino

timsterino Comrade

Aug 1, 2009

30. history

history Companion

Jan 27, 2014

Everyone mentions the website to study, what about REA study guide book? Has anyone used it and found it helped? What if you never took and ESE course? Does the website and study guides help you pass the test. Is it best memorize the practice tests or will the study guide(REA) and the website have terms given to study and then offer you a practice test?
    :confused:

31. janneymarin

janneymarin New Member

Jan 12, 2015

The purpose of this test information guide is to help candidates taking the subject area test in Exceptional Student Education K–12 prepare effectively for the exams.

32. loidahoward

loidahoward New Member

Feb 8, 2015

Hello,

I am currently looking into taking the Florida Educational Leadership Exam (FELE test). Has anyone taken the test recently? I reviewed the preparation materials.

Is there anything out there that you recommend I look into, in order to be extra prepared for the test?

It looks like there is a preparation book that I can purchase via Amazon, but from what I have read on the reviews it looks like there are errors.

What else do you recommend to prepare for the test? The test is expensive and I really do not want to have to take the test all over again. I am feeling confident, but would feel extra confident if I had something else I could refer to.

Has anyone looked into the Edge Exam website? There is a practice test that is free and looks legit. The website contains other tests available for purchase, but I cannot find reviews on this website. I am wondering if the website is legit and not a scam of some sort.

Thank you in advance.