FTCE Elementary Education K-6 SAE

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by futureteacher13, Oct 8, 2013.

1. futureteacher13

futureteacher13 Rookie

Oct 8, 2013

Hello Everyone! I have been trying to take the FTCE Elementary Education K-6 SAE for about a year now and I'm extremely nervous and stressed out about it. I graduated from Ashford University 2 years ago as of September 19, 2013 with a BA in Social Science with Education Concentration. I went completely online, so there are some gaps in between that weren't fully discussed in my program, but I have been a paraprofessional for the past 4 years, starting with elementary and currently working with middle school students. Even though my degree is in a completely different field, my passion has always been to teach and for the past 6 years I've wanted to become an elementary school teacher. I feel my experience as a Paraprofessional has prepared me for the discipline portion concerning the classroom but I talk with other teachers consistently who encourage me to take my test.

I need help on how to prepare for the test. I ordered the XAM and REA books online but both are out of date so I'm currently looking for any material that will help me pass the test, even so far as completing practice questions daily to assist me. If there is anyone who has taken the test and can offer me some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Signed,

A future teacher!!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 8, 2013

Let's relocate this to the Multiple Subject Tests subforum: you may find some useful discussions here (and don't limit yourself to posts on Florida's test: other states test similar material).