Frustrated

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by wldywall, Aug 14, 2014.

1. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 14, 2014

Packing is taking much longer than planned, due mostly to little help from my oldest and wife. They had their own plans this week and since they live with us, things are just plain troublesome.

The school district is moving as fast as they can, but it takes time to get everything processed. The principal wants me there on Wednesday, which means leaving either Sunday or Monday......but HR says wait until the contract is done. Other people at HR say have P put me in as a long term sub so I can start on time, which she has......but I am still worried something will go wrong and I will go out there and have no job. (Mind you they told me that I never would have been recommended for hire if the suspected there would be any problem with approving a contract...but still)

Words of encouragement appreciated or wine.....either will do really.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 14, 2014

It will be okay! Just focus on getting your things packed. :)

4. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 14, 2014

Garage sale is tomorrow and sat, junk dealer comes say afternoon to take what doesn't sell.......it's just cutting down a 1200 square house into a beetle and a blazer is hard!

And I can't even rent anyplace because dh can't come for 6 weeks and can't fill out an app in person which is what everyone requests.....uggggg......moving sucks a bit

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 14, 2014

Moving does suck. It'll be over soon. The good thing about cross country moves is that they are over quickly. I've been hauling things for over two weeks now between my classroom and apartment :tired: Every day. 2 weeks.

6. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 14, 2014

The six weeks is a pain, but will give you time to get situated, find the location that works best for your employment needs, and the time will, actually, fly once the year is in full swing. It sounds like you are getting support from your new employer, and hey, oldest is probably not happy about sudden self sufficiency, so that doesn't count as a true negative. Be well, drive safely, and know we think you are very brave to take this leap of faith.

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 15, 2014

Hugs, wldy. A crazy time for sure, but at least the end of the move is in sight. I agree with Caesar--all will be okay.

8. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 15, 2014

BTW, I know how to spell, but I hate swipe typing on my tablet....grrrrrr I hate that the name of this is misspelled!

9. nyteacher29

nyteacher29 Comrade

Aug 15, 2014

Tht does sound frustrating but keep your eyes focused on the prize--- a new job!!!!!! I understand the uneasy of the contract but have more hope that it will go smoothly and correctly. Hey, the p even wants to get you there ASAP! Congrats and try somehow to enjoy this new journey in your life! What a wonderful husband to move with you and how courageous of you to make that leap!!! I have faith that this will be a great journey and experience for you. Well deserved :)

10. Tutor

Tutor Comrade

Aug 15, 2014

Breathe....by Christmas you'll think back and be amazed at how much you did in such a short time AND you'll be in the warm sunshine while we northerners are freezing cold in the gray and snow. :) It's awesome how the school is helping and keep repeating this is all so worth it!!!
    Keep up updated and enjoy the ride....

11. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 15, 2014

Not now, it isn't.

12. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 15, 2014

YAY!

13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 15, 2014

Well, the misspelling was interesting so I clicked on your thread LOL You never know what you're going to read! :lol:

14. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 15, 2014

As my DH says, I fat fingered it!

Dang blast it, that tablet really hates me sometimes.

It is weird to be taking all the pictures off the wall and actually bringing the stuff out to the sale....I've been teary eyed all morning.

15. Milsey

Milsey Habitué

Aug 20, 2014

You're taking a gamble :D - hope it pays off.

16. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Aug 20, 2014

We all know it will!

17. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 20, 2014

Yeah well in Utah I get a phone call that I have moved back from the contracting stage to the vetting stage. They are angry with me that no one ever observed me sub teach last year and that I cannot provide a professional reference for that time period! I only subbed a total of six days......20 or so days working one hour slots to cover IEP meetings....that is what a special ed sub usually does in the district closest to where I used to live. They are only now calling my references to make sure I didn't make them up. Now I am in a hotel in Vegas, no ability to get an apartment, don't know if I will be able to start work on Monday, cannot get my son registered in school and basically really annoyed.

18. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 20, 2014

Hugs, wldy. It will all work out.

19. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 21, 2014

:hugs: wldy. Everything will work itself out.