FRUSTRATED!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mrs_Garland, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Mrs_Garland

Mrs_Garland Rookie

Aug 15, 2011

Okay... So if this happens again to me I might just burst.

I have had two interviews set up, I get excited to be called later and told the position was filled from within the county. UGH! At least give me a chance to interview (I know they HAVE to take the person from within first).

It gets me all excited and then I end up depressed eating ice cream on the couch... :(

3. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Aug 15, 2011

I feel your pain. My last interview went wonderfully and I even got a second interview. I felt I had a great connection with the staff I'd met and nailed the questions. They ended up hiring someone that already worked in that building. Nothing you can do but keep trying your hardest. And enjoy that ice cream ;)

4. themilocat

themilocat Rookie

Aug 15, 2011

Oh, I understand your frustration! This happened to me, too. I almost wish they would just tell me up front that they are planning on hiring someone they already know, just so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

5. Mrs_Garland

Mrs_Garland Rookie

Aug 15, 2011

Well the last one I truly think they sprung it on the secretary. She called me back in less than ten minutes (just long enough to call the assistant principal to tell him of his interview) and told me the position was taken by someone from the district.

When I asked her if she knew what school they were transferring from (so I could get a jump start on that vacant position), she didn't know.

Shortly after hanging up with her, she sent me an e-mail saying that since she couldn't confirm my interview, she had attached the math teaching positions throughout the county. I responded to her and thanked her for his thoughtfulness.

It's just frustrating and depressing.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 15, 2011

So get applying to those other positions NOW. ALL OF THEM.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 15, 2011

How incredibly kind of that secretary!!!!

After you apply to all of them, drop her a handwritten thank you. She really went above and beyond on your behalf.

8. Mrs_Garland

Mrs_Garland Rookie

Aug 15, 2011

I have already applied to all of the positions (that I am qualified to teach). And I did respond to her e-mail, but I am going to send a hand written note. thanks for the idea.

9. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Aug 15, 2011

You might be surprised that the handwritten note might get more responses than anything else you have done. Our secretary convinced our principal to hire a long term sub because of the way the secretary had seen her interact with the staff.