Frustrated and Nervous!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by anewstart101, Jun 23, 2012.

1. anewstart101

anewstart101 Cohort

Jun 23, 2012

If I go back to my current position I need to sign my contract by next Friday. . .

This 150 miles daily commute and the stress of my current position is not a good mix. I can't relocate at this point. The prospect of doing it another year is rather depressing :(:(

I have been going on quite a few interviews which is a good thing :D:D but yet to get a job --- some honestly were not a good fit ---

Had an interview at district #1 which has several openings they said I should hear back by the end of next week which would have been Friday I do know from a reference that they liked me -- they had several positions to fill--Friday went by with no call --
    school just ended Thursday.

I have no direct # to call do I call HR and ask if the hiring process for these jobs are complete?

Had 2 interviews Friday. One I know will not work but the other went very well --- should know by next week.

Have a another interview on Tuesday. Depending on how it goes do I let them know I need to sign my current contract on Friday?

If these dont work out I am going to see how many interviews I have by Friday and make the best decision for myself and my students.

Trying to relax but very stressed.

Stephanie

3. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jun 23, 2012

Can you be honest with your current P and ask if you are offered a position closer to home if they would let you go? Be honest, very stressful, hurting relationships, price of gas, whatever applies. If you don't feel like you can have the conversation than don't.

4. anewstart101

anewstart101 Cohort

Jun 23, 2012

Yes, I think I will have that conversation this week.

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 23, 2012

I agree, have the conversation with your P. You may find that they want that contract, but at least you asked.

I would also call HR or e-mail the P of the schools and just let them know your situation. It never hurts to throw it out there just in case.