Frusterated

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jem, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 30, 2009

After a very long day of comforting a friend going through a break-up (always an emotional drain), getting terrible food poisioning at the Thai place we went to for lunch, and then getting stuck in rush hour traffic, I came home to a lovely note on my door that read, and I quote:

Please stop denting my car with your car door. It is my only car, and I can't afford body repairs.

WHAT THE????????????

First of all, I never park in the same spot. We have community parking, and it's first come, first serve. Secondly, I never park next to the same car. Thirdly, I would NEVER dent another car with my door, let alone REPEATEDLY to the point that it would leave dents!!! They even went so far as to write the make and model of my car on the bottom of the note, so I would know they knew which car was mine.

Best part? No signature. No address. Not even a make or model of THEIR car, so I would know which car I am supposedly roughing up all night and day to the point that they would need body work.

This is the second anonymous note we've gotten here-the first a very nasty note after accidentally parked in someone else's spot-again, anonymous. What is with people? Seriously. If they know so much about us, they would know we're home each evening-simply stop by and chat with me about it. Don't leave a crummy note on my door when I'm not even responsible for this.

I just feel like crying. I don't get what is wrong with people, and why I'm in such a bad mood, or why this affected me so much. It brought back memories of an anonymous note I got in my teaching mailbox once, chastising me for grading papers during a daytime Christmas concert rehearsal with the kids. 'We need to support the kids during their music rehearsals, so please don't bring anything to work on next time.... signed, anon.'

3. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jul 30, 2009

Rip the note up into 1,000 pieces, throw it in the trash, take a deep breath of fresh air, and think about the things you have to be thankful for. It's easy for me to write this, I know you're really bummed out, tired, sick of waiting on a home of your own. Sendng hugs!!!

4. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Jul 30, 2009

That is ridiculous! If they want something done about this supposed denting, then they should come talk to you rather than leaving a phantom note. I'd ignore it. If you know it's not you, just forget it!

I think the note in your teaching mailbox angers me more--Seriously, all teachers are adults and should be able to communicate with their fellow faculty members! We expect our students to talk out their differences and then don't follow that example? Childish! :mad:

Hope you feel better, Jem!

5. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jul 30, 2009

-hugs-

6. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 30, 2009

Thank you for your shared anger and indignation. I feel a bit better. All are welcome to stomp their feet with me and growl a bit. Anyone else have a crummy day? I could throw in here all the terrible drivers, the very cute vintage dress on sale that wouldn't zip up, and the fact that I need to file my sales tax report tonight and my login information isn't working (call back between 8 and 5.... great.).

Where's the CHOCOLATE?!?

7. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jul 30, 2009

I'm sorry Jem. I'm with Hoot. Let it go. You know your not doing anything wrong. Relax, and get your mind off all the stress!

8. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jul 30, 2009

Ohh Jem I got one! Test results still not in FIVE days after they were supposed to be here. Having to be up at FIVE AM tomorrow. Needed FIVE table organizers for my class and not being able to find them no matter what! I have a new unlucky number!

9. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2009

Sending you mental chocolate....

It makes me think of the time I made a left turn into a shopping center and almost cut off a motorcyclist, who had to swerve. I honest to goodness didn't see him, and I scared myself silly. After I parked and started to walk to the store, a man pulled up in a pickup and berated me quite rudely about it - he had followed me so he could have the pleasure of telling me what a rotten driver I was. If I had been thinking straight, I would have pulled out my cell phone and called the cops on him! He ruined my day, but I got over it. Some people are just jerks.

10. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2009

Yes - a crummy day all around. My uterus? Hates me today. Major cramps. The applications I spent 3 full days trying to get done last week? Were all passed over b/c of a computer glitch at the DO. My cat fell into the spa chasing a dragonfly and won't talk to me. A customer screamed at me and asked me if I knew how to read b/c I forgot to put salt and pepper on her sub. Which, BTW, was on her table.

So... deep breaths... a cup of my favorite tea... and I'm going to read some Harry Potter until I fall asleep. Tomorrow will be better!!!

11. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Jul 30, 2009

It is really hard to let that stuff go, even when you know that you should just be able to forget about it. It is probably worse, since you did not even get to talk to the person, and they just assume you are the guilty party. :( Hope tomorrow is a better day!

12. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 30, 2009

Yes, Moonbeams! I think that's it! I can't proclaim my innocence when I should be able to. As long as you guys knows I'm innocent.

Chebrutta, which book in the series? I'm on my last Twilight book, and then I'll dive into HP-I re-read it every summer. I always get excited when I get to the fourth book-that's when I think she hit her stride. Sigh. I'm off to read and eat some creamy pasta.

13. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Jul 30, 2009

I declare you innocent! You are absolved! And that person is probably putting notes on multiple cars, just so she can be sure to get the message to the right person!

14. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 30, 2009

:hugs:

15. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jul 30, 2009

16. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2009

Of course we know you're innocent! The people in your complex sound like whackos to me.

I just started Order of the Phoenix. I'm going to experiment with sarcastic book reviews in my blog and I think Harry's up first (you know - you love it, but seriously? Where were his teachers/England's equivalent of DCF? Can someone send me a troll so I can put someone I don't like in a tiny enclosed space with the troll, knock the troll out, and see if we become life-long bestest friends? etc) I like to read to sleep, but it has to be something well-known and loved (or else I stay awake to see what happens!) I circle through Harry Potter, Twilight, and The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide

17. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2009

I went to my classroom which they said was ready, but there was no furniture and I won't be able to get back in there for a few weeks.

Then I went to meet with the superintendent AGAIN even though I live 2 hours away he wanted another meeting. And then he proceeded to tell me all the stuff he told me last time. AND I found out we have no blood bank or disability benefits. I am NOT happy with my pay and benefits at this new job.

grrr

18. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jul 30, 2009

I still stay awake to find out what happens. :lol:

19. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Jul 30, 2009

I got one of those a few years ago. The people across the street (like I don't know who it was) left a note on my mailbox asking me to park somewhere else because it was making it hard for them to back out. They have driveways and we don't. I took great pride and joy in ripping that note up and throwing it into the street. That is very litterbuggy of me but it was very satisfying.

20. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jul 31, 2009

Jem, a house of your own, out in the country, with not close neighbors, no shared smoke, and a big garage for Sprout---I am sending you good thoughts.

21. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 31, 2009

Hey Jem!!! I need to join the bad day club. About an hour ago, I decided that I needed a good cry. It's not just one thing, it's everything. My parents live with me and are driving me crazy, they are messy, my mom hogs the couch every. single. day., my brother is staying here during the summer in between college, and all of his stuff is in the living room (making an even more mess), I woke up with a major pain in my neck and back, I had to study all day for my chem final for tonight in agony because of the pain, my husband refused to give me a back massage (oh, he rubbed my back for about 20 seconds then stopped and gave me a stupid smirk, jerk) that was the last straw and I've been cooped up in my bedroom I refused to talk to anyone!!!!

22. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2009

Why wouldn't he give you a proper back massage? :(

23. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 31, 2009

He just didn't feel like it. He wanted to work on his project instead. Well, what can I do? I'm not going to force him. I just won't be lovey dovey, that's all, jerk.... :rolleyes:

24. Major

Major Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2009

You can't control what other people say, what they do, what they write, or how they act.

You CAN control how YOU react to things that happen to you. Mental toughness can be one of your best friends......

Major.......:)

25. tb71

tb71 Cohort

Jul 31, 2009

I agree! Jem--They're probably waiting for you all to leave so they can put the nasty note on your door. They're afraid to face you!!
    Tear up the note and leave it laying on the side walk or by your car.
    :hugs: