Frmeworks-ugh!

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by treysmom, Mar 31, 2009.

1. treysmom

treysmom Comrade

Mar 31, 2009

I am just curious...Would anyone be willing to tell me
    1. How many frameworks they are required to teach?
    2. The one framework that makes yoougo "huh"?
    For me, I have :
    Language Arts-124
    Math-51
    Science-48
    Social Studies-48
    P.E.-30 (even though we have a p.e. teacher, we are responsible for
    for 30)
    Now, the one that makes me go ??? Believe me, there are SO many I could choose. Maybe the Language Arts one that says "Form a mental picture from text read by the teacher, including story elements or descriptions" Am I supposed to really know if a child did this? Now, I have to write that frameworks # in my plan book on the day I "teach" that "skill"-what is the pioint if it is something that I can't assess that they did? Seems like a waste of time-time that could be spent on more important real skills. And we wonder why we are ready to pull our hair out! We have so many frameworks that I am required to keep a record of that make very little sense or overlap-I feel so much of that time is being taken away from other things that I really do need to teach. When you have this many frameworks, you don't get to spend quality time on very much, even if many lessons cover multiple standards.

3. punchinello

punchinello Comrade

Mar 31, 2009

That sounds like a nightmare.

For the mental image, though, just have them draw pictures on whiteboards periodically during the reading.