French grammar adapted to Montessori

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by Frenchteacher, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Frenchteacher

Frenchteacher New Member

Dec 28, 2006

Bonjour everyone,

I am currentely working as a French teacher (FLS) in a Canadian Montessori school (Elementary level). The school is a very poor in French material and I am struggling making a material adapted to the Montessori philosophy, as matching cards and grammar boxes. Despite my numerous research on google, I am seeking for a special "font" used for a making those grammar boxes.

Also, as it is really difficult to teach French in Ontario, I would really appreciate to receive tips, tricks and other advices, or share experience with other French teachers in Montessori or not.

Merci beaucoup. :)

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 29, 2006

I'm afraid that I can't offer any suggestions, but just wanted to say "welcome". I'm not to far from you (in York Region) and teach in a dual-track (French Immersion and English) school. When we go back to school, I'll check with the primary teachers to see if they have any favourite resources. By the way, what font are you looking for?

4. Frenchteacher

Frenchteacher New Member

Dec 29, 2006

Hi! :)

Thank you very much for your nice reply.
    Actually, I am looking for a font used by Montessori schools to make their grammar labels. But I think these poor info doesn't help the people who want to help me, right? Anyway, I will try to manage with what I have, because I find these resquests from my school too specific...
    For the ressources, I will be really glad to receive some links as I come from France and don't really know where to find something adjustable for Montessori because they don't want any writing, exercice books or photocopies for the children...

Merci beaucoup de votre aide et à bientot!
    Je vous souhaite une tres bonne année 2007! Happy New year to all!