Free TEXES exams for Texas Teachers!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by SleekTeach, Jun 29, 2015.

1. SleekTeach

SleekTeach Comrade

Jun 29, 2015

This is ending very soon but right now TEA is offering the EC-6 generalist and 4-8 Generalist for free. I already have both of of those but thought I would put this out there for someone who may be trying to go from elementary to middle school or vice versa. :)

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR ONE OF THESE TESTS!

3. TeachCafe

TeachCafe Comrade

Jun 29, 2015

Correction..the free test is the new Core Subjects E-6 and 4-8. It's suppose to be harder than the Generalist EC-6 and Generalist 4-8.

Now you have to pass each section and if you don't you're not certified until you pass it. I believe it's $60 for each section retake.

:eek: just the idea of those tests gives me hives.

I know for a fact I bombed the math on the EC-6 but I scored really high on the ELA, SS and Science section so I passed.

4. SleekTeach

SleekTeach Comrade

Jun 29, 2015

OOPS My bad, I read the part that said generalist exams will be ending haha...and seriously, I am so happy I was able to take the generalist exams because I don't even think I would be able to be a teacher due to the core math haha

5. TeachCafe

TeachCafe Comrade

Jun 29, 2015

Right? They gave me some scratch paper and pencils and I was like "I haven't done paper math in years" it was embarrassing.

I don't have anything else to do so I'm thinking of taking the 4-8 for a social studies certification later on. It's free so why not and it'll gauge what I need to do to take the Generalist 4-8 before it's gone. I'll never teach middle school social studies with that test.

6. SleekTeach

SleekTeach Comrade

Jun 29, 2015

LOL I signed up to just do the EC-6 core just because they are going to distinguish it from the ec-6 generalist, and I would hate to be and older teacher and they say they are looking for teachers who took the core exam and not the generalist. My sister who is high school also signed up for ec-6! Nothing to lose, and if you decide to retake it'll just be like a regular first time test!