Free resources for math 7-12 needed

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by tuankiet153, Jun 28, 2020.

1. tuankiet153

tuankiet153 Rookie

Jun 28, 2020

I wonder if you guys know and are ready to share any free resources: worksheets, lesson plans, unit plans...for math 7-12? If so, you can post them under this post, then everyone can follow and benefit from them. Thank you

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jun 28, 2020

As someone who routinely finds things that are free, relevant, and useful, primarily in science, I can tell you that it all begins with a search. If one doesn't give you exactly what you want, then tweak it. I can't tell you how many hours it may take you to find exactly what you want, but I would be willing to bet you will find nuggets you hadn't considered along the way. My links to the searches are based on the key words you laid out in your post. If not what you actually want, feel free to change the words in the search box.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...hUKEwiIktH_uqXqAhWloHIEHai_DREQ4dUDCAw&uact=5

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  4. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

6. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

7. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Jun 28, 2020

My district's math curricula is not publicly available, but makes heavy use of CPM. The district spent a lot of money developing the curricula and parts of it are licensed from other sources, so it cannot be shared. However, during distance teaching/learning, I found myself using a handful of sites regularly. They are:

Desmos - I had used it previously to have students graph stuff, but from the teacher page you can also make activities, sets of slides, for students to work through. You can search for topics and may find activities created by other teachers which you can assign to your class.

Khan Academy - I find Sal Khan's voice a little monotonous, but the explanations are quite clear. There are quizzes/tests available you can assign to students. Setting up classrooms as a teacher is pretty straight-forward, but I struggled with using their due dates feature.

Edpuzzle - I didn't actually make any edpuzzles, but some of my teammates did and I used them. I think they also have a searchable library of content created by other teachers.

Geogebra - If you go to the resources section, there is a fair amount of content created by other people available.

For all of these (except Khan) as you work through them you get a sense of how you might make one, then as you try to make one, you get better at it. There is a pretty steep learning curve, but I am glad that DL forced me to use all of these, as I can imagine continuing to use them once we go back to in-person learning.