Free Lamination

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by ~Nicole, Jul 27, 2007.

1. ~Nicole

~Nicole Comrade

Jul 27, 2007

I just got this flyer with my MaxPerks (Office Max)statement.

Come to any officemax on Thursdays and take advantage of our FREE lamination services.

Every Thursday 8/2/07-9/13/07

Fine Print: Offer good only for roll lamination without trimming. One offer per customer. Not valid with any other offer. In-store only. lamination orders must be placed on Thrusdays to qualify.

3. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jul 27, 2007

I got that also - is there some catch to it? I've been there every day this week, but keep forgetting to ask about it. I have no problem cutting my stuff if someone else is going to laminate it for free!

4. ~Nicole

~Nicole Comrade

Jul 27, 2007

I called no catch and no written limit on amount

5. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Jul 27, 2007

wow!! I wonder if I can still sign up and get that deal. Or is it open to everyone?

I can laminate at school, but I would rather get it all done this way!!

6. ~Nicole

~Nicole Comrade

Jul 27, 2007

open to anyone

7. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2007

Do you have to call ahead or do you just walk in to any officemax and they will do it?

8. BarbB37

BarbB37 Rookie

Jul 27, 2007

That's a fantastic tip! I'll have to sign up for Office Max perks! :)

9. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jul 28, 2007

Does the stuff have to be bought from Office Max or can it be from anywhere?

10. Crys68

Crys68 Rookie

Jul 28, 2007

I called the Officemax near me and she said that she has gotten a lot of calls about this...There is no limit and bring your stuff in early..She said it is available to all teachers.

Now my dimemna is I'm a new first grade teacher who hasn't seen her classroom yet..But, I want to get as much stuff laminated ahead of time as possible...What do I need laminated? Any suggestions?

11. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jul 28, 2007

Name plates, any posters you might have, homework folders - or any other folders you want to last most of the year...

12. Crys68

Crys68 Rookie

Jul 28, 2007

I don't know any childrens names yet so I can't do name plates...I don't folders yet as I have to get these from my school...I was thinking of making some privacy offices but I would have to purchase the file folders to make them with and I know my school has them but I can't get into my school yet...AARRGG

13. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jul 28, 2007

You can laminate the name plates ahead of time, and then use a permanent marker to write the names once you get your class list. (And that way, if someone moves prior to school starting, you can just use nail polish remover and still use the name plate.) If you go to Wal-mart or Sam's you can get a box of 100 manilla folders for about $5 - maybe even less to make your privacy folders. Hope that helps a little:D

14. Crys68

Crys68 Rookie

Jul 28, 2007

Thanks for the ideas! I see you are in NC as well...Where?

15. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jul 28, 2007

I live in Cumberland County - but I'm teaching in Robeson County. I actually live really close to a lot of county borders:) Where are you at? Are you from NC?

I know there are other things that can be laminated, but my brain has decided it isn't time to get up yet:)

16. Crys68

Crys68 Rookie

Jul 28, 2007

I just finished school at ECU for licensure only, live in Apex (Wake County) and got my first teaching job in Angier (Harnett County). I will be in first grade. I was a TA for first grade last year and I love this grade. I got really lucky!

When you think of something, let me know. I may go ahead and spend more money I don't have (since no income July and half of August, except bartending part time) and purchase the file folders so I can make offices..But then, my lead teacher told me not to buy anything because the school will provide just about everything.:confused:

17. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 28, 2007

I wouldn't mind using this to have some file folder games ready this summer, but otherwise I have no problems using my school's lamination services. We just drop it off and there is a lady who does it within 24 hours. She does transportation stuff too so it is around that schedule. I'm satisfied with that.

18. Teacher807

Teacher807 Rookie

Jul 28, 2007

Do you need your badge or something to prove you are a teacher? I am a first year teacher and I still do not have a badge, and probably won't until pre-planning. I did sign up for the Max rewards for teachers online, but only have the temporary card I printed out. They said it could take up to 4 weeks to receive the actual card. Hmmm....

19. MrsNickle

MrsNickle Companion

Jul 28, 2007

My office max said I have to bring the flyer, and it's only an 8.5x11 sheet of lamination.

20. Youngteacher226

Jul 28, 2007

I think all office max's are saying different things because I just called two near me and they are saying opposite. One said that they didn't know alot about it but that I had to bring in a coupon. The other one said that I don't need a coupon, just bring my things on in. I asked if there was a limit on what could be done and the girl told me that it depended on how busy it will get. So that tells me that I better go EARLY in the morning and go on the first Thursday (8/2) before they start to change the rules a bit.;)

21. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jul 28, 2007

I'm going to check with mine when I go to get more looseleaf paper today. We'll see what they say here!

22. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Jul 28, 2007

LOL, I just posted on General Education.

23. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 28, 2007

I shall drive 30 minutes north to the nearest Office Max and take advantage of this incredible opportunity!! Like next Thursday. :D

24. Youngteacher226

Jul 28, 2007

And just to think how much money I spent within the last couple of weeks to laminate my stuff!!:eek: My school offers free lamination but who has the time to wait for it to get laminated and come back?? But I bet I wont spend anymore money - I'm going to school on Monday and I'm snatching everything off of the walls & going right to Office Max on Thursday!!!!!:p

25. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jul 28, 2007

My Office Max just got the memo about the coupon a little while before I got there. The lady working went and picked up the memo to double check and it says the laminating is unlimited - however much I bring in:) I don't have an assistant now that I'm in 4th grade so this saves me half a step - I'll just have to cut it all out. I'll be there when the doors open on Thursday:)