Free Curriculum

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by MuckeyBusiness, Aug 17, 2010.

1. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

Aug 17, 2010

My daycare does not have a curriculum that they follow. I moved up to the preschoolers at the end of the year last year and as i'm planning for the new school year this is very overwhelming for me. Does anyone know of a curriculum i can get for free online or where can I get it?

3. mpcm

mpcm New Member

Aug 18, 2010

curriculum

Hi

I use a curriculum that I basically make myself. There is a ton of free stuff on the internet and printables as well as crafts and the like. I personally love the "Mailbox" magazines. You can also get themes this way.

Hope that helps a little

You might be able to see if the library has curriculum as well

4. MOM1TEACHER2

MOM1TEACHER2 Rookie

Aug 18, 2010

PRESCHOOL BY STORMIE IS A GREAT FREE WEBSITE TO START AT.

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Aug 19, 2010

I use Head Start standards to guide my curriuclum. I also look at my state's standards.

6. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Aug 19, 2010

MOM, that is a great site. When starting out, it is so helpful to have a sample in front of you. I tell my teachers that it usually takes about 10 reference books to come up with a lesson plan.

7. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 19, 2010

Definitely Preschool by Stormie. I still have my 3 ring binder I put it all in. I printed EVERY MONTH out, all the pages and that was my lifesaver!!!!!!!! It covers EVERYTHING... letters, numbers, shapes, colors, fine and gross motor, holidays, EVERYTHING!!!

http://www.preschoolbystormie.com/

http://www.preschoolbystormie.com/curriculumindex.htm That is the outline of EVERYTHING... just click the links on there to find whatever you need!

If you start printing, make sure you have LOTS of paper and ink... well worth it!!!!

8. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

Aug 19, 2010

special... i'm so excited about this but a little overwhelmed... how did you decide to do what and when to do it? does that make sense? let me know!

9. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Aug 20, 2010

10. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Aug 20, 2010

Both Vanna's site and Preschool by Stormie are wonderful places for ideas and outlines to follow for the year. Because I am only 3 mornings and a bit over 2 hours per day, there is no way I could do everything that a 5-day program does. Select what you feel your children need most, prepare more than you need, and relax and have fun with what you do.

11. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 20, 2010

Muckey, I sorta did what she had laid out for each month when it came to the letters, numbers, colors, shapes, etc. I had no clue what to do when and her monthly outline really helped me out. I didn't do all the activities. I picked what I liked.

12. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Aug 22, 2010

I would just start with themes you would like your students to learn and then look through activities under that theme and pick the ones you like the best and that you think would be the most benefical for your students. I am a new teacher too and it has been very overwhelming but you will get the hang of it!