Freaking out - please help!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by CeeCee, Aug 17, 2007.

1. CeeCee

CeeCee Rookie

Aug 17, 2007

Hi! I've been reading the thread on interview questions, and have really enjoyed it. I actually just found this site a couple nights ago as I am currently preparing for an interview - that I haven't even gotten called for yet!
    Background: I teach special ed preschool, and its part time and the commute (especially with two little ones of my own to drop off) is too long. I want to be a reg ed teacher (I am dual certified) in 1st-3rd.
    I tried to transfer within my district, and did not get the job. It was a shock to everyone in my building that I didn't. I've sent out tons of resumes and gotten no response.
    The town that I live in had soem openings earlier this year, and even though I used my connections, I did not get called.
    I recently heard of a last minute opening in third grade. When I went down to re-submit my app, I was lucky enough to run into the principal! He recognized my name when I introduced myself, and said he had just been looking at my application! I told him I had heard of the new opening, and he said he's been thinking of me for that. He also said he's be moving very fast and not interviewing a lot of people. A 6th grade teacher in the district stopped by later that day to put in a good word for me, and he said based on that conversation, he'd be very surprised if I didn't get called for an interview.
    That was Tuesday. Today is Friday. No phone call! I'm getting worried! School starts in a week!
    My friend the 6th grade teacher said not to worry yet, that this principal is notoriously slow about this stuf. BUT my mext door neighbor said that the letters are going out in Saturday's mail to tell the kids who their teacher is. Does this mean its a done deal? They've already filled the position? I am totally freaking out! This is the job I am meant to have! I just know it! I can't stand the wait, and now I'm getting worried that I got all excited for nithing and I'll be going back to my old job after all....
    thanks..

3. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Aug 17, 2007

Call him!

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 17, 2007

Welcome to AtoZ, CeeCee. It sure sounds like a great opportunity for you. I agree with Lovetoteachkids. Call him as soon as possible.

5. CeeCee

CeeCee Rookie

Aug 17, 2007

Thank you! I will - I just wish I didn't have to wait through the weekend!

6. CeeCee

CeeCee Rookie

Aug 17, 2007

Thanks! I'm glad I found this place! I will be back often!

7. Maithal

Maithal Cohort

Aug 17, 2007

Hi CeeCee, where in CT do you live in? What district is this for if you don't mind me asking I live in CT too and am job hunting as well. I've taught prek spec ed, 2nd grade, and most recently was a long-term sub for kindergarten. I really hope and wish I will be hired before the beginning of the school year, but I have to be practical and since I haven't gotten a job I accepted a daily sub intern position in the same town I long-term subbed for where they told me if I get a teaching offer it was ok. I'd really be thrilled with any opportunity to classroom teach (not daily sub). I've done that before.

Btw-I'm certified prek to third too.

Looking forward to hearing from you, CeeCee! Good luck and I hope you get the position you wanted, but at least know you have something to fall back on (prek special ed). To make you feel better, my first year teaching I taught prek special ed. I got hired 2 days before orientation, so there's still some hope in your case, but I agree call the principal.