freaking out! aesop doesn't recognize me??

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by kikiboniki, Sep 24, 2011.

1. kikiboniki

kikiboniki Rookie

Sep 24, 2011

Um, so I am trying to log into aesop and the system is not recognizing me. I decided to call the aesop number and when I typed in my id number it says I am not a recognized part of the system. Has anyone had this happen? I am puzzled because I have been in the aesop system for months now.

3. sunshine*inc

sunshine*inc Cohort

Sep 25, 2011

I have not had that happen to me except in the summer when my district disables our Aesop accounts. I would call your substitute coordinator on Monday morning to look into the issue for you.

4. Joy

Joy Cohort

Sep 25, 2011

Sometimes Aesop with go under maintenance on Saturday mornings. Try it again on Monday.

5. kikiboniki

kikiboniki Rookie

Sep 26, 2011

called my sub desk and got a recording saying that day to day subs will encounter difficulties logging into aesop and that the issue is in definite :/ good news that its not a personal login issue but a bummer cause it means i do not get to work.

6. Socalsub

Socalsub New Member

Sep 27, 2011

Re: Aesop doesn't recognize me??

I had the same thing ("Invalid ID") happen on Aesop and got the same message when I called the Sub Help Desk. That word "indefinite" does sound scary, but I'm not sure it's as bad as it sounds, because I encountered the same password issue on two library sites last night, and they've both resolved it and restored access. Then it happened again on a private web site this evening, and they had it fixed within an hour.

So...maybe the District didn't really mean "indefinite." They might be working on it but just don't know how long it will take to get things back to normal.

Let's hope! :)

7. kikiboniki

kikiboniki Rookie

Oct 1, 2011

update: the district i am in has a large number of RIF teachers (800!!) and they needed to take a day where they only had rif teachers filling the sub positions so they could figure out how great the need was for rif teachers... any who, I was still able to work 4/5 days last week

8. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Oct 1, 2011

Interesting!

9. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Oct 1, 2011

Wow!
    R1

10. sunshine*inc

sunshine*inc Cohort

Oct 2, 2011

800 RIF teachers! Wow! I'm glad you're still able to get substitute assignments.

11. kikiboniki

kikiboniki Rookie

Oct 2, 2011

i have to go on the website at the stroke of midnight and refresh the page a zillion times to get jobs. Cause the rif teachers have till midnight to confirm their jobs and if they do not, the roll over to the day to day subs. . . and are available exactly at midnight. jobs are usually up for about 30 seconds till they are all snatched up. Its crazy!