So, can anyone help me get some clarity on this? I interviewed for an English position nearly a month ago and had a FABULOUS interview. I got a call that evening asking me to come in the following day to meet one other person. When I did that, I was told that the English position was filled, but I had been their 2nd choice. Now they were considering me for an open Reading position. I did a slam dunk with that, as well. I got an email from the principal the following business day saying that they were offering the position to a Reading teacher considering moving to the area and were giving her one week to make her decision. After that week was up I would hear from the principal either telling me 1) the other teacher accepted OR 2) offering the job to me. I patiently waited that week and then received another email from the principal stating that the other teacher did not accept, but was having reservations about my ability to manage the class (this will be my first teaching position) and asked for my thoughts. I immediately sent him an email thoroughly explaining my classroom management techniques and extolling my complete confidence in my abilities. A few days later I got an email from him saying he was going on vacation until around July 16th. When he got back he would contact me to see if I would accept the Reading position. Sounds kind of like an offer, right? But, here it is July 18th and still no phone call!!!! I'm freaking out! I've already left him one voice mail message.... Why do you think he is stringing me along so?