Fourth Grade Fractions for 100th day!??

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by leannwade, Jan 16, 2007.

1. leannwade

leannwade Rookie

Jan 16, 2007

The 100th day of school is very near for my fourth graders. WooHoo!! We have just begun working on fractions, and I would really enjoy doing a fun activity with them on the 100th day of school. I would LOVE to hear some ideas if anyone has them.
    Actually, I would love to hear any fun activities for fractions period. I hate just doing work from the text...

Thanks!

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jan 17, 2007

Give them 100 sections of different colors of paper - copy hundreds charts on various colors of paper, give each child several colors, 100 pieces in all. Have them use the pieces to create designs which they paste on another piece of paper. Then, they count how many of each color they used and name it in fraction form. If they have learned how, have them reduce the fractions.

4. bronaghjordan

bronaghjordan Rookie

Jan 17, 2007

Fractions!

There is some great stuff on fractions on www.primaryresources.co.uk a brilliant english website. Go to maths then search for either smarties fractions or pizza fractions (there may be more than one of these!) its not hundreths but the smarties one in particular is very good! hope this helps:p