Found out I am going to be grade level chair next year --Any Advice

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by Jill420791, May 9, 2009.

1. Jill420791

Jill420791 Companion

May 9, 2009

I am wondering if there is any 1st grade, grade level chairs here. I am trying to come up with some ideas so that my grade level will work effectively together. Our old chair was dropped and they picked me. I am wondering what ideas you all have used that would be effective. Thanks!

3. teachall

teachall Rookie

May 9, 2009

I was a grade chair in 1st grade for 3 years and then moved to a new school. We met during our planning time once a week to plan science, social studies, and math together. We also worked on mapping out what would be upcoming and had everyone bring their resources when they came so we could include these items in our plans. I also planned most of the field trips. This however should be a shared task. It can be a lot of work. It's also a good idea to have an agenda to keep the group on track.

4. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

May 9, 2009

A fresh pot of coffee. If your team members are coffee drinkers. Remember to say thank you and show your appreciation when they share something.

5. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

May 16, 2009

Organization is the key. I would have gone crazy as grade level chair this year if I had not be organized. Don't try to take on so much. Responsibilites, like field trip planning etc., should be shared among the other teacher. Good luck.