For those trying to loose weight-any luck?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jem, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Apr 18, 2010

I know there was a group of us towards the beginning of the year that were going to try to drop some weight. I haven't seen the biggest looser thread lately, although I could just be missing it.

Anyhow, anyone having any luck? Any goals reached?

I weighed in at 136.5 this morning. I think this is about 10 pounds from where I was on Jan. 1st. I have gained back a total of 14 pairs of pants, some of which I never fit into, but bought with some hope in my heart. ;) I only have two more pairs to go until I have all my pants back. My goal by the end of April is 132, and then my goal after that is 125 with muscles galore. ;) That probably won't happen until the end of the summer.

Anyhow, anyone else? Anyone need motivation?

3. Major

Major Connoisseur

Apr 18, 2010

Jem, I'm happy with my weight which happens to be exactly 90 pounds more than yours.....:p

I worked out this morning at the gym with about 20 ladies in an aerobics kick boxing class. Most of them had "muscles galore"...... and weighed in the 120 to 130 lb range. Kick boxing is a great exercise....:):)... and when your the only guy.. it's sort of fun....:lol:

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 18, 2010

I'm down about a total of 11 pounds from my all time heaviest, at 138 the last time I checked.

Of course, a while ago it was 137.5, but that's OK.

And I would be happy with the low 130's, VERY happy in the high 120's.

I just have to get my mojo back!

5. Toak

Toak Cohort

Apr 18, 2010

well I wasn't trying but I dropped a ton of weight on the diet the doctor prescribed for me (so much so that my pants wouldn't stay up on any more when I couldn't afford to buy a new pair). Lost around 30 pounds without excercising and increasing the amount of food I typically ate

How I ate was the atkins diet with no protein, fluid or calorie restrictions (also no soy). Mainly I ate fried steak and onions, but duck was also popular

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Apr 18, 2010

I've lost six pounds.

I'm trying to get back to my pre-illness weight. I lost 45 pounds of it pretty fast, and then I hit a wall with 45 left to go. I lost 4 pounds before Christmas, and then with all our snow this winter I got out of my routine. Gained that back. Now I'm down six.

It really sucked to be sick and gain weight. I didn't even know how to exercise with that much extra weight. I'm still on some food restrictions, which makes meal planning tricky. I have to watch high purine foods, restrict protein, and watch cholesterol. I'm a mess. :lol:

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 18, 2010

I've lost 13 pounds since the beginning of January--I was hoping it would be more, but it is what it is. I'm taking it slow and steady.

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 18, 2010

I'm doing really well. I haven't seen anything on the scale to reflect the exercising I've been doing, but I have noticed a difference in my body and mucles. I have finally kicked the soda habit. I just can't finish a soda if I get one! I'm hoping to be down to at least 130 by the end of June, though 125 would be fantastic!

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 18, 2010

I made 'lifetime' at WW in March and have been maintaining my 21 pound weight loss. :)

10. smalltowngal

Apr 18, 2010

Any loss is a good loss, MrsC!

11. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

Apr 18, 2010

I've lost a little over 20 pounds since the week of Christmas. That's two pants sizes, also :) I'm feeling pretty good, and still have a way to go. But it has been nice buying smaller sizes, and finding clothes that I had put away during pregnancy, and they now fit (a little loosely, even!).

12. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 18, 2010

...and, my jeans are too big!

13. smalltowngal

Apr 18, 2010

And that's even better!!!! I've noticed that some of my clothes are fitting more loosely.

14. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Apr 18, 2010

I haven't loosed enough of my weight yet... but I am a size lower.

Unfortunately, I've kind of hit a rough patch where I have no desire to eat better or exercise. We'll see how things go from here on out.

15. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Apr 18, 2010

I'm down a total of 40. I still have a ways to go, but I'm feeling much better and actually doing something about my weight rather than just hoping it'll fix itself!

16. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 19, 2010

That is how much I have lost since the beginning of January. Slow is the way to go!

I really have to go jeans shopping soon. I'm hoping to lose another 5 lbs before I splurge on some nice ones!

17. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Apr 19, 2010

Congrats to all of you who have lost weight!!!

I've lost 6 lbs. since January. I haven't exercised as hard as I had been but plan on getting off about 5 more pounds. I've walked at the track with a friend a couple of times last week but she's not a serious walker. I'm tired of my elipitical machine so the track is a nice break from it.

18. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 19, 2010

I need everyone here to give me a swift virtual kick in the you-know-where; I've fallen off track and need some help!

19. andi137

andi137 Companion

Apr 19, 2010

I need a swift kick as well. I have been doing better for the last week and a half eating wise, but now I need to add in some exercise. I havent gained any weight since the beginning of the year, but I havent lost any either.

20. Kase

Kase Companion

Apr 19, 2010

I have no clue how much I weigh but I kind of like it that way. I always get scared getting on a scale. I've started running since I registered for a 5k that's on the 25 and I ran 4 miles Saturday. I was so proud of myself! I think I'm going to continue and my goal is to do a half and full marathon. I do notice my body toning up which I'm loving. I just hope I keep it up. Great job to everyone else losing weight! Doesn't it feel good?

21. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Apr 19, 2010

Wow-reading this thread puts me in such a great mood! You guys are doing AWESOME!!!

My secret weapons for this week is the juicer (mostly veggies so I don't just drink sugar from fruit), homemade soup for lunches and fish/chicken for dinner!

22. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 19, 2010

I've been picked for a pilot Wellness program at my school. It entails keeping a detailed food / exercise journal and being counseled by a doctor. Unfortunately, my weight and cholesterol levels qualified me. I'll keep people in the loop on it.

23. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Apr 19, 2010

:hugs: You ARE getting it back!

I put ON about 10lbs over Spring Break... I guess I really ought to be out there for my run instead of on AtoZ :lol:

24. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 19, 2010

DH has lost 30 since January...we're starting to walk every night before dinner...plus I walk 30 minutes every day at lunch plus 30 minutes on the bike...

Get moving...it jumpstarts any plateaus you hit!:thumb:

25. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 19, 2010

I have to get back on track next week after my birthday is over, so I'm mentally preparing myself. It seems like the only way I'll stick to something for over a week is if I plan at least a week ahead of time that I'm going to do it.

26. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 19, 2010

27. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Apr 19, 2010

i have lost and gained the same 10 pounds over and over this year. It is really depressing :(

28. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Apr 19, 2010

You really are out there living the life, hu Major? :)

29. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Apr 19, 2010

I haven't lost anything but I try to maintain my size. I think I should work on muscle. I don't care enough right now to motivate myself. How is your diet going? I know it seemed like you were not happy with the plan a few weeks ago. Are you still doing that program?