For those still looking in the Dallas area

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ryhoyarbie, Aug 23, 2009.

1. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Comrade

Aug 23, 2009

For those still looking for a teaching job, like me, Dallas ISD (for better or for worse) has around 80 positions opened ranging from elementary to high school.

3. darlibby

darlibby Companion

Aug 23, 2009

Online postings really aren't reliable. There are a lot of posts giving links to jobs, however, I believe that most of those positions don't exist or they have already been filled.

4. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Aug 23, 2009

I've applied for a few of those in Dallas, but haven't heard anything from them. Even the south schools are really farther than I want to drive, a minimum of 45 minutes without traffic problems. I also wonder if they even see the application. There is no notification from them when you apply, so it makes me wonder if they even got it or not.

5. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

Aug 23, 2009

Just based on my own personal experience, those postings could be old. I had emailed a P about a post, but she said the position had been filled. I wouldn't take those posts seriously. With school starting tomorrow in most districts that I know, I'd guarantee the posts are old.

6. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 23, 2009

You guys sound beat down. Come on... THROW AWAY those "I'm a Loser Vibes" and throw on those..."I'm a WINNER Vibes!" You WILL have another interview! You WILL ROCK in that interview. They WILL call you and you WILL one day post.... "I cannot believe I finally have my own classroom!" It will happen! It will happen when you least expect it.:)

Faith is something that you cannot see. But MY FRIENDS, I am here to tell you that FAITH will see you through the hardest of days and the longest of nights. It will see you through.:confused:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven ..." -Ecclesiastes 3:1-8:rolleyes:

There is a season for YOU out there. Be ready for it when it happens. Do not be blinded feeling like you are not worthy or that someone else was better or that your best friend in education got 3 job offers and you barely got an interview or that your Cousin Sue keeps asking you why you have not found a job yet.... :mad:

YOUR season is just around the corner. Have a little MORE faith.

Religious disclaimer or maybe that should be proclaimer?: I am sorry if my beliefs offended anyone. I just feel pretty strongly that as teachers we have a purpose. Your purpose - to me - is clear. You are MEANT to teach. I don't know when. I don't know where. I just have faith that your season will come.:hugs:

7. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

Aug 23, 2009

SC....you didn't offend me in the least. Your posts have been a bright spot in my little corner over here. Thanks for all the encouragement.

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 23, 2009

I'm not looking, but many thanks on behalf of all those who are.

SOMEONE will get those 80 jobs... why not someone here???

9. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Comrade

Aug 23, 2009

Some of those jobs do have expiration dates tagged on them, so you never know. Yes I'm still looking for a job like a good many of you. I have student teaching to fall back on for one semester, though I won't get paid. It at least helps me get fully certified and get more experience under my belt besides the substitute teaching I did last year for two school districts.

But then again it is Dallas ISD and they are a less than stellar school district. But I guess something is better than nothing, as some get can respond to since they got jobs for less pay or less prestige than what they wanted in the first place.

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 24, 2009

I had forgotten that you're still looking. That makes it even nicer on your part, to share the info with others.

11. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Aug 25, 2009

I got an email from my program stating that Garland ISD and Dallas ISD have posted new positions. I would love to apply for the Naaman Forest Social Studies teacher, but the school starts at 7:20 am. My son's before care begins at 7:00 in Waxahachie about an hour south of Garland, so I won't be applying there. If you guys hear of anything within 30-45 minutes of Waxahachie, please let me know. I'm 4-8 generalist, 8-12 history and have pass the PPR EC-12.

12. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 25, 2009

Good luck Suzie. Where is Waxahachie. I know Garland. But not your town.

13. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Aug 25, 2009

It's about 30 miles south of Dallas, and we're even farther south than that.

14. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Comrade

Aug 25, 2009

Waxahachie? I lived there for two years, off of Howard Road past the soccer fields, past the old rail road tracks, and right after you curve around once you get past the old rail road tracks (which aren't there anymore). Lived on a farm of about 100 acres with some cows and donkeys. Not to mention coyotes, raccoons, skunks, possums, rabbits, snakes, and my two parents. Ha ha.....

15. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Aug 26, 2009

We're even south of there. Our farm is 100 acres, we have over 150 chickens, 10 geese, about 17 ducks, 5 guineas and we used to have 6 sheep. So, besides my son, I have all the animlas to deal with too. Any job will be difficult getting to/fro unless I'm closer to home.

16. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Comrade

Aug 26, 2009

Since you're down there, go over to Dale Hansen's castle and tell him he's over paid for what he does! His house costs over 1 million bucks. Not bad for someone who never went to college and uses his "opinions" on sports to get him noticed.

17. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Aug 26, 2009

His place is pretty nice, we have friends that live close by.