for the mothers/ladies

Discussion in 'General Education' started by icy, Mar 18, 2018.

1. icy

icy Guest

Mar 18, 2018

I recently found out that I'm expecting a baby. After the initial excitement, I thought about the future. I realized that when I'm visibly pregnant later on, there will probably be days at my school where I really need to go poop. I don't know how I'm gonna do this without others finding out. If I need to leave the room, I would need to get another adult to watch the class. If I take a long time in the bathroom, it's likely that the adult and students would figure out what's happening since I'd be visibly pregnant. They could also find out if it happens more than once. Another thing is that another teacher could walk into the bathroom and hear me. I know this sounds ridiculous but I'm anxious because I've never pooped at work before. So for the mothers on here, how did you handle this at your school when you were pregnant? And is it actually that hard to control your bowels during pregnancy? I've never done this at school before because I was always able to control it until I got home.

3. Always_Learning0987

Always_Learning0987 Rookie

Mar 18, 2018

It’s natural to poop and everyone does it. Don’t forget that. Don’t worry about it until it becomes an issue. I was actually constipated a lot during pregnancy. If it becomes an issue where your having a BM many times throughout the day, you can talk to your doctor about it because you’ll get dehydrated.

Ask for other teachers to help, don’t elaborate with your excuse just tell them you need to use the restroom. Also, don’t always ask the same person, they will prob get annoyed. I had to pee all the time when I got to the end of my pregnancy. We’ve all been there and covered for others too. And guess what, your not going to be pregnant forever, so it’s not like it will be for a ridiculously long period of time.

Plus admin can’t make you feel bad for using the restroom. They will more than likely accommodate you with whatever needs you may have (morning sickness, etc.). Side note: Try to train yourself and get on a schedule to go during ‘down times’ like recess or specials.

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Mar 18, 2018

Questions for your doctor, I am sure. Not sure why this would be one of your primary concerns, since pressure on the bladder will almost certainly become an issue you will share with most pregnant women. Unless your school lacks bathrooms, I fail to see the problem. I don't "report" to anyone about bathroom breaks, so why the concern? Oh, and most adults would say that they may need to have bowel movements or defecate, but hey, I'm just a science teacher who ignores other's bodily functions. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  5. GemStone

GemStone Habitué

Mar 18, 2018

Lol. You won't need to poop a lot! You might have to pee more and you may have morning sickness.

6. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Mar 18, 2018

Not sure where you got the idea that you will have to poop a lot! This is so low on the worry list - let it go!

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Mar 18, 2018

Interesting first post.

[​IMG]

otterpop, teacherintexas, a2z and 2 others like this.
  8. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Mar 18, 2018

I don't remember having to go #2 that often when I was pregnant. Usually you can get your body into a cycle so you could go at lunch, before or after school.

9. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Mar 18, 2018

I've had to poop a lot more now that I'm pregnant. My OB said it's part of my "morning" sickness (oh yay). I told our secretary, principal, and counselor basically as soon as I found out. I'm extremely close to all three. I also told the teacher who teaches in the room next to me because she would watch both of our classes whenever I needed to run downstairs.
    I had a couple students who said they figured it out when I told them (like they said they had guessed). None of my staff said anything about knowing ahead of time, but I told people I was close to early on. It didn't bother me that people might know though. I knew they'd figure it out eventually even if I never said a word!

10. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Mar 18, 2018

I'm not sure why it would matter.

It is not something I would announce, but not something I would hide either.

11. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Mar 18, 2018

I'd be more worried about peeing more, not pooping more. And honestly...

[​IMG]

linswin23 likes this.
  12. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Mar 18, 2018

What I can't understand is why having more frequent bowel movements would make one anxious. The pressure on the bladder forces a sense of urgency and sometimes requires light pads to avoid accidents, but I have never heard of urgency of great need for the elimination of solids. Whatever happens, be the adult, take it in stride, maintain composure, and find more important things than your elimination schedule to fret over. I would agree with Caesar - very odd first post.

13. a2z

a2z Maven

Mar 18, 2018

I was thinking the same thing....

14. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Mar 18, 2018

I don't know... I think it makes a lot of sense as a first post. You aren't really interested in a teaching forum, but you love the idea of asking teachers a question anonymously.

15. Bibliophile

Bibliophile Companion

Mar 18, 2018

When I was pregnant the high iron prenatal vitamin had me only ...ahem... eliminating wastes ... about 2 or 3 times a week. It was the only time in my life I was ever chronically constipated. I wouldn't worry about it since it may well be a non issue.

Pee, well that's a different matter all together.

vickilyn likes this.
  16. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Mar 18, 2018

:agreed:

17. RussianBlueMommy

RussianBlueMommy Comrade

Mar 28, 2018

I hate pooping in public too. I despise it and will mostly try and hold it!!

18. Kindergally

Kindergally Rookie

Mar 28, 2018

My school has private bathrooms for the adults (not stalls) so I don't see it being a problem here. You can always run the water for extra "noise."