Fool proof way to keep dogs out of yard.

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ecteach, May 3, 2015.

1. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

May 3, 2015

Foolproof way to keep dogs out of yard.

Hi!
    I have a very rude neighbor who lets her dog poop in my yard. I can not get the area fenced in, because we are only allowed to fence in our back yards, per HOA guidelines.

I have confronted her, and she denies it, even though I have seen her dog do it. She lets the boxer out of her house, and goes back in. A few minutes later she will let the dog back in. She claims the dog knows to stay in her yard. I have resorted to throwing the poop back over into her yard. I have reported her to the HOA, but haven't seen any improvement.

I have tried everything that I know to do. I even bought a pepper spray type thing from Lowes to put on the property line.

I do not want to harm the dog, because I am actually a total dog lover, and I am even willing to spend a couple hundred dollars for a permanent solution. My son can't even play on that side of the yard!

The funny thing about all of this is.......we moved into this neighborhood about a year ago. Before we lived in a less desirable area, and we NEVER had problems like this. Just goes to show, money can't buy class.

3. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

May 3, 2015

Grab him by the collar in mid-dookie, knock on your neighbor's door, and tell her you saw him in your yard.

4. Securis

Securis Cohort

May 3, 2015

Maybe something motion sensor sonic?

5. janlee

janlee Devotee

May 3, 2015

Does your association have a leash law? If so take pictures of the dog on your property and present to the association. Perhaps your town has an ordinance in regards to dogs being leased. If so show pictures to the appropriate township employee.

6. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

May 3, 2015

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 3, 2015

I have seen something with sprinklers to scare deer.

8. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

May 3, 2015

Many of these also allow you to add vinegar to the water, as more of a deterrent. Down side is remembering to turn it off before leaving for work, or you may get complaints for joggers, mail men, meter readers, etc. A fence would certainly be a much better solution.

9. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 4, 2015

I think that your best bet is a photograph or video. Present it to your HOA. If your city/county has leash laws, present it to law enforcement as well.

10. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 4, 2015

Start pooping in their yard and deny it was you? J/K

11. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 4, 2015

:spitwater:

This really made me laugh this morning. Thank you for that!

12. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 4, 2015

What a way to cure the Monday morning blahs!!

13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 4, 2015

There's a woman up the street who used to let her kid pee in our bushes while waiting for the school bus. I caught her twice.

I agree with the video taping. If the ridiculous HOA won't allow a fence then they should be doing something to keep your yard safe from unwanted poop.

14. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 5, 2015

Too bad you didn't live closer...my dad has horses...you could put a nice pile of that there & claim you have no idea where it came from...LOL!!! Go Big or go home right...LOL!!! I'm only kidding...

Our neighbor's dog would come over but they trained her to go in the weeds!!! How cool is that...LOL!!! Never had that issue...we claimed her as our dog too, but we didn't have to feed her or take her to vet. We got to play with her & then she would go home!!!

On the other hand our other neighbor's dog barks all the time. They let it out at night & it just barks...we are talking like 11pm or later. I think it just likes to hear itself. It barks at me in my yard. I don't mind a bark, but to keep it up get so annoying!!!

15. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

May 8, 2015

You guys made me laugh. It's so ridiculous. It makes my blood boil.

16. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 8, 2015

So what did the HOA say when you brought this to their attention again? I honestly would never live somewhere where they tell me I can't do things like put up a fence on my own property. Not worth it.