Food Delivery

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by KinderCowgirl, Sep 20, 2014.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Sep 20, 2014

So I just ordered food to be delivered for the first time I think since college! ;) I have been very sick and unable to go to the store-I literally had nothing in the house that seemed edible to eat for dinner tonight! :eek:hmy:

It's much easier now with all the GrubHub-type sites to see what's in the area and their menus.

Do you order food to be delivered to your house very often?

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 20, 2014

Never. What's a GrubHub site?

4. Sugar

Sugar Rookie

Sep 20, 2014

There is exactly one place in the entire county that delivers. And I have them do just that once every week like clockwork. :)

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 20, 2014

I can count on 1 hand the # of times I've had food delivered...whether it's pizza or other food. I don't mind picking up my own food at all & bringing it home.

6. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2014

Can you get groceries delivered since you are not feeling well?

7. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Sep 21, 2014

My towns are too small to offer any food delivery. I live five miles out in the country at one of my homes so it wouldn't be an option if if available in town.

Unless I was ill like Kinder (hope you feel better soon), I don't think I'd use it anyway. When I lived in bigger areas, I hardly ever had anything delivered.

8. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

Sep 21, 2014

I used to get pizza delivered to my house pretty frequently (1-2 times a month), but ever since I moved to a condo complex, the GPS systems ALL have my address wrong, so the delivery people can never seem to find my house. Last time we ordered pizza, the delivery boy was at the pool! :lol: Now, I just call ahead and go pick it up.

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 21, 2014

Pizza is the only thing we can get delivered and I don't remember how many years that's been.

10. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2014

The only places here that deliver are pizza, and our favorite pizza place doesn't deliver!

A grocery delivery service - THAT would be amazing!

11. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Sep 21, 2014

It has a bunch of different options and menus that will deliver to your address. Instead of having to click on a bunch of different sites and look up delivery areas. You can just order from there as well. It was kind of cool!

The funny part was my neighbor delivered it! I have a neighbor down the street who lives with her probably 30 year old son-he delivered my food! A little awkward-at least I already planned on tipping well! ;)

12. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Sep 21, 2014

The only food we can have delivered is pizza, and they are great.

One time last winter when Chicago was absolutely horrible my daughter and her roommates had some groceries delivered; they said it was the best $10. they ever spent! (That of course was the fee, the groceries werea lot more!)

13. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Sep 21, 2014

I never have food delivered. I just don't ever think of it.

14. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Sep 21, 2014

I order from grubhub sometimes. It's a nice service because you can get stuff from restaurants that don't normally deliver. There are about 30 choices for my area. It does take a long time though- usually at least an hour for it to get delivered and way longer if it's a week night during rush hour traffic- so you kind of have to plan ahead! They also usually have a minimum amount you have to order, and since I live alone I end up with way more food than I need, plus it's not exactly healthy food to begin with! I try to limit it to a treat every once in awhile.

15. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Sep 21, 2014

I ordered in a lot before BF moved in. Now I'll get it if he's working late. I love my Chinese delivery place. It's so delicious! I can get about 30 different places to deliver to me through a courier service in my city.

16. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 22, 2014

I can have food delivered from a japanese place, a pizza place, or a local diner.

17. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Sep 22, 2014

The only place that delivers is Pizza Hut, but I never do.