food blog?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by silverspoon65, May 2, 2010.

1. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 2, 2010

I have been working with a weight loss counselor, and she and I both agree that I really need to be writing down what I am eating everyday. I agree that this is the most important part of a weight loss program. But for some reason I cannot get my butt in gear to do it.

Today I had an idea about taking pictures of what I am eating and starting a blog. BF and I always talk about how delicious our food looks and sometimes we do take pictures of everything because it looks great.

I am also trying to adapt a clean eating lifestyle - trying to cut out a lot of chemicals in my food, but I don't pretend to be even close to knowing everything about it, and I don't have any illusions about my sticking to it 100% - I am SURE I will go for a coca-cola every now and then - and then some.

I even started getting ideas about turning it into an organization or movement that encourages others to eat clean, maybe encouraging local restaurants to go green and clean.

I can include what I eat everyday, whether it is clean or not, research different chemicals in food and what they do to you, put up recipes, etc.

I dunno, I feel like something like this might actually force me to journal about my food. This idea actually gets me excited. Logging my stuff into weight watchers or spark people does not.

This is definitely inspired by Julie and Julia or crockpot 365. I feel like doing something like this everyday gives me a purpose and it holds me accountable to something. I totally get where Julie was coming from.

I dunno, do you think people actually read stuff like that? I guess they do, if it is good. Would YOU read it?

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 2, 2010

Yes, people read stuff like that. In fact, some people are obsessed with such blogs. :)

4. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

May 2, 2010

I would!!

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 2, 2010

The food blogs I read tend to be recipe-related...some are diet based, others are just indulgent, some for the great photography and writing than the recipes. Write it for yourself, people will find it.

6. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

May 2, 2010

I would read it. I started a weight loss blog over the summer but since I have been cheating for months, I stopped writing in it.

7. SunnyGal

SunnyGal Companion

May 2, 2010

I really respect you for wanting to blog about this -- I'd totally read it. I have tried entering what I eat into calorie counting websites, but I just can't stick with it.

8. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

May 2, 2010

I think it would be a great way to keep yourself accountable. :)
    I have a foodblog, mainly to post my weekly menu and help me keep a record of recipes that I've tried and liked!

9. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 3, 2010

http://coupdefood.blogspot.com/

OK, I am doing it! I called my blog Coup de Food, and I am starting it tomorrow, although I already have one blog up that sort of lays out what I am doing. Follow me!

10. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 4, 2010

Just posted my first official entries. Check it out! http://coupdefood.blogspot.com/

I think knowing that people are following it is going to get me to stick with it!

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 22, 2010

:up:

12. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 22, 2010

Thanks for bringing this back to the top! I just finished another entry!

13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 22, 2010

Your blog is really cool. I can't wait for our farmer's market to open. It usually runs from Memorial day weekend to the last weekend in October but only on Saturdays. I hope they have some of the good stuff that yours has.

ETA: I just went back and read an older post with the lemon bars. Can you post the recipe (or did I miss it)? I :wub: any dessert w/lemon.