Follow-up After screening interview

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by iluvksu, Mar 10, 2007.

1. iluvksu

iluvksu Rookie

Mar 10, 2007

I had an "screening" interview yesterday with five/six people from a large school district. It included the director for elementary education & four/five principals. When I follow-up do I write a thank you letter for each principal & the director of elementary education or just the director? The problem is I only caught the name or school of the first 3 principals. The last principal I can't remember her name or school. Then another principal came in towards the end of the interview and didn't even introduce herself. So what would you do?
    Thanks
    Jennifer

3. mommee03

mommee03 Companion

Mar 10, 2007

I would try to send the letter to all involved. If the district doesnt have very many elementary schools, maybe you can go online and look at the picture/names of the principals and see if it rings a bell. It could be time consuming, but if I wanted it bad enough, I think that's what I would do.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 10, 2007

I agree. Send to everyone you KNOW was there, and try to track down the others.

5. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Mar 10, 2007

I agree try to find all their names. And next time write it down on your note pad.

6. iluvksu

iluvksu Rookie

Mar 10, 2007

I should have asked her to repeat her name. I've went online. The website doesn't include pictures. Only names. I thought maybe when I read the names it would stick out. She was an older lady so I'm thinking it was Mary or something. The website doesn't really help me. They have 9 elementary schools.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 10, 2007

Then send to the ones you know and hope for the best.

The ones that weren't at the interview: maybe drop them a line saying your application is on file??

8. iluvksu

iluvksu Rookie

Mar 10, 2007

Would it be a bad idea to email the Director of Elementary education and ask her the names of the principals at the interview? Tell her that I'd like to thank them each personally but I didn't catch all of their names. Would that sound unprofessional?