Follow up after interview...?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by CDOR79, May 23, 2018.

1. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

May 23, 2018

I had an interview 2 weeks ago yesterday and haven't heard anything. I'm assuming it's a no-go but am tempted to email the principal and just "check in" and see what the status is. Bad idea?

Has anyone done this before? If so, what did you say? I'm trying to figure out HOW to word it with making it simple and to the point.

3. pommom

pommom Comrade

May 23, 2018

I am in the same situation. I had an interview May 11th, and I still have not heard anything even though I was told they will let candidates know either way. I called HR a week after the interview, and at that time, they had not made an offer yet.
    Have you checked to see if your application is closed or still active? I know not all applications allow you to see that though.
    Good Luck, I know the waiting game is not fun!

4. Preschool0929

Preschool0929 Cohort

May 23, 2018

I would say something like:

Good Evening Mrs./Mr._____,

Thank you for taking the time to interview me for X position at X school last week. I enjoyed meeting your staff and learning more about the school and your expectations for the position. Please let me know if you have any additional questions about my experience & education that I can answer for you to help you choose a candidate.

Thank you,
    X

whizkid likes this.
  5. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

May 23, 2018

Thanks for your reply, preschool! I actually sent an email stating something like that a few days after my interview.

I was just thinking to email again to see if they made decisions and/or if the positions are still open, etc. I’m looking for a status.

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

May 24, 2018

Please note that I have merged your two threads since they were identical. You should be able to find updates by clicking on the Latest Post options in the upper right hand corner of the website.
    upload_2018-5-24_8-16-2.png