Follow up after interview?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by msz101, Jun 2, 2016.

1. msz101

msz101 Rookie

Jun 2, 2016

Hello everyone, just need some advice. Last Monday I went in for a demo lesson for a first grade elementary position. At the end of the lesson, I asked the principal when the committee would make a decision (there are two positions open). She told that it was going to be this week since they were interviewing more on Thursday and the school was closed on Friday and Monday for the Memorial Day holiday. Today is Thursday evening and still no word from the school. Should I just assume I didn't get the job? I was thinking about writing an follow up email asking what else I can provide to help them make the decision. I guess I'm just torn. Any advice would be great :)

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 2, 2016

A thank you/follow up email would have been better sent immediately after the demo. At this point you could send an email but it most likely don't sway their decision one way or the other. They may have not made a decision yet so gang in there. But keep sending out resumes for other openings.

4. msz101

msz101 Rookie

Jun 2, 2016

Thanks czacza, I sent thank you emails after my first interview and then my demo. The principal didn't respond to either. I'll try to hang in there.
    Thanks for your reply

5. JeniD

JeniD Rookie

Jun 14, 2016

That's tough when you don't get a response to your thank you emails. I wouldn't stop exploring other options until you hear back from them. I hope you find your perfect teaching position! Good luck.