foam letters

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Ilovefirst, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Ilovefirst

Ilovefirst Comrade

Jul 13, 2007

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find foam letters. I don't need them to be magnetic. I was told they are cheaper than the regular magnetic letters. The place I was told had them only has paper to practice writing letters now. I've also started looking for cheap magnetic letters as a back up. Any one have a favorite place for getting either?

3. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Jul 13, 2007

www.orientaltrading.com

or check out the craft store (sign up for your educator card at Jo-Ann Fabrics!!) also at Wal-marts craft section (this is a cheaper place)--- look for them on sale! I love foam shapes of all kinds!

4. funeoz

funeoz Comrade

Jul 13, 2007

Target had foam sticker letters in their $1.00 section.

5. ~Nicole

~Nicole Comrade

Jul 13, 2007

If you don't need them to be thick buy some fun foam (29 cents a walmart for a sheet) and run it through your die cutter. I did that for the center I worked at-it was the only way I could get denalian letters!

6. Ilovefirst

Ilovefirst Comrade

Jul 13, 2007

I'm having a hard time finding non-sticky letters. If they aren't sticky, they are only caps. I have a alpha-arc that I use where the students match lower case letters to the caps on the arc. They also fill in missing letters in the arc, etc. The die-cuts that our school has only does caps and they are super big.