Fluency Passages... Online?

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by Ms.Jasztal, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 26, 2007

I am looking for a few passages where I can get a baseline of how many words my advanced reading students read per minute.

My subscription to Reading A-Z expired, and I know they have some GREAT passages. I am also not all for buying a book right now just for that purpose. Is there anything online I can use? Thanks, everyone! :hugs:

3. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 26, 2007

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 26, 2007

Oh My Goodness!!! This is exactly what I have been looking for all summer. How in the world did you find this? We have nothing at school for fluency, or even reading assessment. I did a sight word assessment the other day, but didn't know what to do next. This is absolutely wonderful. ((((((Ms.Jasztal ))))))

Maybe you have seen the entire internet!

5. njeledteacher

njeledteacher Cohort

Aug 26, 2007

What did you use for a sight word assessment? I heard there is something online, but I can't find it.

6. michelb366

michelb366 Comrade

Aug 26, 2007

http://dibels.uoregon.edu/

This is the dibels site and all the passages are free for download. We use AIMESweb at our school which is similar, but it's a pay program with some really cool graphing and tracking features. We started this school-wide last year and it's amazing to watch the progress.

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 26, 2007

I just used Dolch words.

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 26, 2007

Ms. Jasztal--I think I need to hire you to teach me how to do more effective searches!

9. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 26, 2007

We have DIBELS, but only for those who really need it... and we have not gotten our booklets yet. I'm sure it'll be really, really soon, but I teach advanced reading and want to do a baseline this week. However, this helps, and I thank you very, very much!!

Upsadaisy... really? Maybe I'll help you to find more. Reading A-Z has the fluency passages for levels A-Z, but I only downloaded X, Y, and Z for some reason. Hmmm... :) We'll see what else can be found!!

10. njeledteacher

njeledteacher Cohort

Aug 28, 2007

I'm having trouble accessing this. I can get part 1, but not part 2. Anyone else getting an error message?