Florida Question

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by AMK, Jan 27, 2011.

1. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jan 27, 2011

DH and I are hopefully heading to FL for a few days in April. We are thinking about Delray Beach or Boca Raton. Which one is better? We just want to relax hit the beach/pool and we are going to rent a car so we can do some trips too.

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jan 27, 2011

Oh, I was just there! I really preferred Delray Beach over Boca Raton but was able to get to both easily. They're not far from each other on the Intercoastal Highway and a couple of other roads. Delray just clicked a little more with my tastes, especially Atlantic Avenue. The beach was oddly quiet, but it was a little overcast and under 75, so I had a lovely, quiet time dipping my feet in the incoming tide. On a side note, there's a neat film costume exhibit at the Boca Raton Museum of Art if you're interested.

4. bondo

bondo Cohort

Jan 27, 2011

I would go with Delray Beach. It is beautiful and more calm then other more popular beaches. There are some good restaurants in the area as well. Have a great time!

5. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Jan 27, 2011

I agree-Delray Beach is alittle more relaxed than Boca. Boca tends to be more ' upscale' and built-up.

6. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Jan 27, 2011

Also, remember that April will probably be a big "Spring Break" month here. The beaches around Fort Lauderdale and that general area are often loaded with college kids. If you make advanced reservations, I would ask the hotel when their spring break rush is and avoid that time if at all possible!

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jan 27, 2011

Delray's downtown area has really been upgraded in the last couple of years. It's a fun place - and the beaches are the same in Delray and Boca. If you get a chance, take an afternoon or evening to come up to West Palm and visit CitiPlace. It's a really nice shopping/eating/people-watching downtown area that reminds me of a European town.

8. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jan 27, 2011

Thanks everyone, we booked our flight and hotel tonight for Delray.