FLOOD!!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by myKroom, Aug 27, 2009.

1. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Aug 27, 2009

My school got flooded today!! :( It has NEVER happened before...EVER!!! I had no clue what was going on. It happened sooooo fast. One minute kids were just moving to different rooms, the next minute we were evacuating. I walked down the hallway to the office (about 20 feet from my room) to see what was going on and there was about an inch or two of water!! We had to evacuate kids and walk them through 2-3 inches of water! My classroom wasn't affected, but my old kindergarten classroom was flooded. Both of our gyms (including our brand new gym) were flooded. We have had 10+ inches of rain in the last 2 days.

Needless to say...we don't have school tomorrow!! Two days into school and we already have to have a make up day!!! :( Something tells me this is going to be a looooong year!

3. TeaRoses4M&D

TeaRoses4M&D Rookie

Aug 27, 2009

Oh no, but I am glad your classroom was okay. Hope theres not too much damage to the other rooms.

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 27, 2009

That is horrible. I hope you don't have to make it up and the state gives you a waiver.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 27, 2009

Wow- make sure all carpeting is removed from your room. Mold is the worst!!

6. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Aug 27, 2009

I feel your pain. I've had both my classroom and my basement flood (4 ft last fall).

7. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Aug 27, 2009

They are bringing in a professional cleaning crew to clean the carpets and floors! They are hoping that everything is clean and dry late Sunday. If all goes as planned we will be putting things back in classrooms Sunday PM and start school again on Monday!

We shall see!

8. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Aug 27, 2009

They are bringing in a professional cleaning crew to clean the carpets and floors! They are hoping that everything is clean and dry late Sunday. If all goes as planned we will be putting things back in classrooms Sunday PM and start school again on Monday!

We shall see!