Flip Teaching

Discussion in 'General Education' started by LessonFlip, Nov 3, 2012.

1. LessonFlip

LessonFlip New Member

Nov 3, 2012

We are working on a web-based product this weekend for teachers and wanted to ask what you thought about it. It is a simple user-friendly interface for a teacher to take a video/lecture/clip from youtube or any other site and assign it to their students & create questions around that video.

Students would log in, see the new assigned video, watch it, and take the follow up quiz that you prepared all on the same page.

This way teachers can introduce the students to the topic before the lesson plan begins, and then work on the assignments and collaborate during class.

The teacher could track who watched the video, how their score on the quiz was, and see progress overtime.

Do you think this is a product that would make teaching easier? Would you consider a monthly subscription to this service? Also, what seems like a fair price to charge?

Thanks for the input!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 3, 2012

Honestly, I don't think it's something I would pay for.

Right now, I have a webpage on Google. I have a list of daily homeworks, and can provide links for videos for the kids to watch there. If I chose, I could also attach a quiz, or a link to one.

How would your product be worth paying for if I can do that for free?

4. LessonFlip

LessonFlip New Member

Nov 3, 2012

Thanks fo the feedback! You would be able to give students the unique URL to our page where the video is embedded along with the quiz. After students take the quizes we give you statistics for the individual as well as the class to see which topics need more focus.

Does that seem like something that adds more value than using lots of different links and sites? Is the convent factor worth monetary value?

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 3, 2012

Honestly, I'm probably the wrong person to ask at the moment. My flip is on hold for the rest of the year.

And I'm pretty new to flipping-- I've described my process up to this point as more of a "slow rollover" than a flip.

But the price would have to be very reasonable to compare with what I'm able to do for free.

Best wishes in your endeavor!

6. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Nov 3, 2012

We use Edline/Blackboard at our school and I can do exactly what you described, right down to getting grades on the quizzes.

The only thing that would make we switch and add to what I already can do would be an easier interface and a very, very low price.

7. LessonFlip

LessonFlip New Member

Nov 3, 2012

Thanks for your feedback Goldenpoppy!

8. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Nov 3, 2012

I would check it out! I have been doing similar things on Edmodo.

9. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Nov 3, 2012

Moodle does basically the same thing, but for free. That's what my school uses.

10. Gaven32

Gaven32 Rookie

Nov 5, 2012

Now a days some instructors adopting technology to mix up the conventional training method with a "flipped educational setting," or giving podcast lessons for preparation then implementing the training during the college days.
    [​IMG]