Flat Gingerbread man project

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by zoey'smom, Nov 2, 2010.

1. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Nov 2, 2010

I already posted about this in the General Education but thought I would see if any Kindergarten classes would like one of our Gingerbread kids to come and visit their town and class. I would just need you to take pictures of the visit and send them back to us.

I am starting a Gingerbread man unit with my Kindergarten class. My plan is to read different Gigerbread stories and compare them. I am going to have the class make flat Gingerbread Kids made from poster board. Each child will make two. We will have a total of 40 Gingerbread kids. I want to mail them all over the country and possibly all over the world. I have at least 10 places where I am sending them already. It is kind of like the Flat Stanley project.

This is where I need your help. I would send You the GB kid. Your job would be to take pictures of the GB kid in places of interest around your area to tell us a little about your state or even country, and town. You might bring him to the park or a baseball game so on. Some are going to take them to work, my aunt is going to take one to Disney world. You can take as many pictures and mail or email them back to us. You can then Mail the GB Kid on to another place or send him back to us or keep him. I am hoping to make a photo story of all the places where the GB Kids went. I would like to get some of the pictures back by Christmas but I think it would be great if pictures come in for the rest of the year. This will be a great learning experience for my class. We live in a very small town and many of them don't know much about the world out of our town. I am also going to have them write a story about their GB kids and where they went.

If you are interested in helping me. Please send me a private message with your name and mailing address. I hope to have the GB kids mailed out by November 15th.

Thanks for your help.