Fitbit Flex

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by allaphoristic, Jun 25, 2015.

1. allaphoristic

allaphoristic Companion

Jun 25, 2015

Anyone have a Fitbit Flex? Do you feel like it has improved your fitness and/or sleep? Worth the money?

3. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jun 25, 2015

I bought one for my daughter (she is 12) and myself. It is great for her. It is the motivation to keep working. I think she has lost a few pounds. I really don't see any improvement with me. It does make me more aware of my sleep patterns. I am working on the computer this summer, so I am more sedated than normal.

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 26, 2015

The only improvement I've found is when I join the challenges with my Fitbit friends. I am really competitive with this one woman I know and I always want to beat her in the amount of steps I get :lol: Sometimes it forces me to take an extra walk with the dog or something to get extra steps.

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 26, 2015

I don't do the sleep mode. I'm a night owl.. so it will probably tell me what I already know...
    But it does make me more aware of my walking...taking steps!!! I usually wear it on my ankle or in my pocket because I just wasn't getting accurate counts with my wrist.

OH FYI... forgot I had it in my pants pocket when I mowed our bumping lawn... loads of steps...LOL!!!
    The first time it buzzed my foot I thought I was getting shocked..LOL!!! I was in my laundry room so I thought did I step in water & next to cord or something. Every time it buzzes it still freaks me out. I usually jump!!! LOL!!!

6. Ms_C

Ms_C Comrade

Jul 2, 2015

I have a Fitbit Charge and love it! After checking it after school some days I knew why I was exhausted!

7. allaphoristic

allaphoristic Companion

Jul 2, 2015

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Just got mine today :)

8. OneBerry

OneBerry Comrade

Jul 2, 2015

I see that you already got one, but I wanted to chime in and say that I have one and like it a lot! :)

9. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jul 3, 2015

I really like mine and found it motivating. I do wish I had splurged for the HR one though.