fish line?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by jnation, Aug 10, 2005.

1. jnation

jnation Companion

Aug 10, 2005

I was trying to think of a good way to utilize space, and I had read somewhere on this site about being using some kind of fishing line or string to hang work from. My question is, is there someway I can get the string up without actually having to tack it to the wall? We aren't allowed to put holes in the walls, which is understandable since it's a new building, and I can't think of how to go about doing this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, what do you guys use to stick posters up when you can't use tacks? Sticky tak? Thanks in advance for all your help!

3. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Aug 10, 2005

The best thing I have found for hanging on the walls-doesn't fall, dry out...is hot glue. it peels off relatively easy at the end of the year.

4. nascarkat

nascarkat Guest

Aug 10, 2005

I tie fishing line through the spring of a clothespin, then tie the other end to a paper clip. I bend the paper clip at a 90 degree angle then hang it under a ceiling tile, one for each kiddo, plus 2 or 3 extra. Rule is, don't touch anything hanging from the ceiling.

5. WITeach

WITeach Cohort

Aug 11, 2005

We use wax clips at our school to hang things. (Those clips with sticky stuff on the back.) They work well and come off pretty easily.

6. dianejw

dianejw Companion

Aug 11, 2005

BethMi,

I have never thought or tried using hot glue. Have you ever had problems of pieces of the wall flaking off when you removed the glue at the end of the year?

7. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Aug 11, 2005

A bit of paint sometimes comes off, but they repaint, so no big deal. Also, you can easily reheat it and take it off that way-only did that once, though.

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2005

I did this without the clothespin, just a paper clip on top, kite string in the middle, name tag of child, & paper clip on the bottom. We changed the art work seasonly!!! The kids LOVED it. It was great at Halloween because we had pumpkin name tags w/black bats from the ceiling!!!!

9. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 11, 2005

It depends on what kind of wall it is. Hot glue comes of brick very easily and hardly ever peels.

10. bam451

bam451 Rookie

Aug 11, 2005

I used fish line last year. I hung it inside the window frames. I used sticky hooks and fastened them to each side of the frame and tied the fish line to the hooks. Hope this makes sense

11. Margo

Margo Devotee

Aug 11, 2005

We use sticky tack to put things on the wall. We are not allowed to hang anything from the ceilings.

12. sdhudgins

sdhudgins Comrade

Aug 11, 2005

Command Adhesive is WONDERFUL for brick walls.. and they make some that come with different kinds of hooks. I have several different things in my room hanging from these types of hooks